Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GDT at Illinois State 12/17/23

Default Re: GDT at Illinois State 12/17/23

Morgan needs less minutes he started the skid with a couple bad plays
    TRUST THE PROCESS

I agree Morgan has been turnover machine this year. But with our team we need his offensive skill out there to score.

Aside from coaching, missed lay-ups and free throws bite us in thr but again. Missed 3 layups consecutively there in the 2nd half. 2 of the 3 were absolute gimmies. Also can't give them 5 and ones. If your going to foul there you can't let them make the shot. It's just simple fundamental basketball.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Burke getting four minutes is a joke. But hey Boden played 38 minutes. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Great second half adjustments Illinois State....down 7 andvonly scored 28 to scoring 47 in second half and outscoring NDSU by 17 in 2nd half

Oak Hills Christian mustnt got us prepared for this game

Missed the first half, but eagerly tuned in for the 2nd half. Pleasantly surprised to see a nice lead.

Proceed to watch a rerun of previous games. Skunberg doing his disappearing act, but reappears to step out of bounds in the corner, Morgan missing a bunch of shots at the rim, missed FTs, no timeouts to stop a run, giving out and-ones like candy on Halloween, and the Redbirds winning going away.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Missed the first half, but eagerly tuned in for the 2nd half. Pleasantly surprised to see a nice lead.

Proceed to watch a rerun of previous games. Skunberg doing his disappearing act, but reappears to step out of bounds in the corner, Morgan missing a bunch of shots at the rim, missed FTs, no timeouts to stop a run, giving out and-ones like candy on Halloween, and the Redbirds winning going away.
    "reappears to step out of bounds in the corner"

I wish there was a stat for how many times we have stepped out of bounds on the sidelines in the last two years near the 3 point line in the corners...we have to lead the country in the numbers of times we have done it.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This game was 100% on Dave and it's really starting to piss me off that he just keeps leaving Boden on the floor when he's absolutely killing us, he didn't make a winning play all game other than being solid on the defensive end. He was 2-8 from the floor, had 5 turnovers (box score only says 4 but I counted 5), most of them just stupid stupid plays but would he take him out and get Burke or even Dissette a little run to see if they could do something, no of course not. There was no adjustments made on the post guys just being allowed to go 1 on 1 with no double team or even just a guard digging at the ball. Burford absolutely killed us in the 2nd half and there was no matchup adjustment, yes DWT is our best on ball defender but Burford's size was too much for him and a change should have been made as he was getting out muscled. A few small adjustments and we would've won this game by 15 points but Dave is too damn stubborn to do it. Miller & Waddles were playing great, getting the ball in their hands and out of Boden's should've been priority down the stretch but no instead those two were subbed out and Boden stayed in the whole time.

And don't get me wrong, I love Boden and what he can bring but he's been struggling the last few games, he should be scaled back to 28-30 mpg and get the other guys more run until he gets it all straightened out which is hopefully sooner rather than later.

Yes, Morgs had some bad plays but he also had a lot of great ones in this game. We need to keep feeding him as the more opportunity he gets the more consistent he's going to be with his touch around the rim and understanding how defenses are going to attack him to take better care of the ball. I don't think he'll ever be perfect but he's still a beast

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    This game was 100% on Dave and it's really starting to piss me off that he just keeps leaving Boden on the floor when he's absolutely killing us, he didn't make a winning play all game other than being solid on the defensive end. He was 2-8 from the floor, had 5 turnovers (box score only says 4 but I counted 5), most of them just stupid stupid plays but would he take him out and get Burke or even Dissette a little run to see if they could do something, no of course not. There was no adjustments made on the post guys just being allowed to go 1 on 1 with no double team or even just a guard digging at the ball. Burford absolutely killed us in the 2nd half and there was no matchup adjustment, yes DWT is our best on ball defender but Burford's size was too much for him and a change should have been made as he was getting out muscled. A few small adjustments and we would've won this game by 15 points but Dave is too damn stubborn to do it. Miller & Waddles were playing great, getting the ball in their hands and out of Boden's should've been priority down the stretch but no instead those two were subbed out and Boden stayed in the whole time.

And don't get me wrong, I love Boden and what he can bring but he's been struggling the last few games, he should be scaled back to 28-30 mpg and get the other guys more run until he gets it all straightened out which is hopefully sooner rather than later.

Yes, Morgs had some bad plays but he also had a lot of great ones in this game. We need to keep feeding him as the more opportunity he gets the more consistent he's going to be with his touch around the rim and understanding how defenses are going to attack him to take better care of the ball. I don't think he'll ever be perfect but he's still a beast

Totally agree with this Boden is struggling bigtime. His shooting percentage is down over 10 points from last season. He is forcing things taking bad shots and turning over the ball. Yet he still played 38 MINUTES Burke who has been solid for us played 4 minutes. Unacceptable....