Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome back HC Polasek

Default Re: Welcome back HC Polasek

My biggest gripe with ML is I feel like he just sits on his ass and attends the events but does nothing to better them. He has done nothing to make the gameday experience better in the dome and therefore we can only fill half the dome. It’s sad to see and it starts with him and to me has nothing to do with the product on the field. May be a great fundraiser but shit at everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    You could argue football and track with the facilities. Probably basketball. Softball facilities. Wrestling to the Big12. It’s more challenging to name one that’s not in a better place.
    Outdoor track maybe

Remove facilities out of the equation and every team is worse off. Basketball? What's Daves signature win? He had zero to do with Big 12 Wrestling inviting us

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Outdoor track maybe

Remove facilities out of the equation and every team is worse off. He had zero to do with Big 12 Wrestling inviting us
    An AD is not responsible for facilities?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You could argue football and track with the facilities. Probably basketball. Softball facilities. Wrestling to the Big12. It’s more challenging to name one that’s not in a better place.
    Mrs Larsen, please don't post on Bisonville! ADML has done a great job fundraising but none of our sports are in a better place. He is not and was never the guy who had the vision to get us into FBS.

Quick story...I was a student at NDSU during the transition. The day that the Big Sky turned us down for a conference invite I ran into Gene Taylor at the copy shop in the union. We were both waiting to get something printed so we briefly chatted. His eyes were red and you could tell he'd had a rough day. He just had the look of somebody who'd had their heart broken. I asked him something along the lines of "what now for NDSU" and he responded that he was convinced that NDSU would be a huge success in DI and that it was his job to ensure the big sky regretted their decision. Boy, did he ever. I've never gotten that kind of passion from ADML and have always felt that he wasn't the big vision guy.

That's the only thing he was good at. There is more to the job than fundraising

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Sorry, who is SMSU?
    Southwest Minnesota State University in Marshall MN
    A human fart can be louder THAN A TUBA, I discovered that at my daughters school concert.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Mrs Larsen, please don't post on Bisonville! ADML has done a great job fundraising but none of our sports are in a better place. He is not and was never the guy who had the vision to get us into FBS.

Quick story...I was a student at NDSU during the transition. The day that the Big Sky turned us down for a conference invite I ran into Gene Taylor at the copy shop in the union. We were both waiting to get something printed so we briefly chatted. His eyes were red and you could tell he'd had a rough day. He just had the look of somebody who'd had their heart broken. I asked him something along the lines of "what now for NDSU" and he responded that he was convinced that NDSU would be a huge success in DI and that it was his job to ensure they regretted their decision. Boy, did he ever. I've never gotten that kind of passion from ADML and have always felt that he wasn't the big vision guy to take us to FBS.
    And who can forget when Gene Taylor resigned to go to Kansas State, and the emotion-filled press conference. President Bresciani was at his side and Gene pretty much broke down with reddened eyes. Who can blame him for going to K-State but he still was sad to leave. Everything he did was with his heart and soul. We will never, ever get an A.D. like him. M.L. pales in comparison. I will admit Gene was a tough act to follow but that does not mean his successor had to be an abysmal failure.

Quote Originally Posted by HillsboroBison View Post
    My biggest gripe with ML is I feel like he just sits on his ass and attends the events but does nothing to better them. He has done nothing to make the gameday experience better in the dome and therefore we can only fill half the dome. It’s sad to see and it starts with him and to me has nothing to do with the product on the field. May be a great fundraiser but shit at everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attendance and atmosphere in every sport has suffered under Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    Southwest Minnesota State University in Marshall MN
    Got it. They don't like the XDSUs huh. Weird. I wonder why they'd have that opinion, they're in different worlds.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Don't forget the SHAC was fundraised and planned by GT. ML was AD while it was being built so the credit and unfortunately some of the failures of that project go to GT.