Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome back HC Polasek

Default Re: Welcome back HC Polasek

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Ah, let's see. More PC = Bullshit. There's no such thing. Any hire is a compromise including this one.

I learned today that back in 2018 this candidate lost the job to Matt Entz. As of 2023 will he be an improvement? Only time will tell. But "ideal"? GTFOHWT.
    If you look back I think they make the entz decision based on the fact that our defenses are the main reason we were winning. They hired Klieman when Bohl left and wanted that same success with entz as our defense was far superior to our offenses at the time. Hopefully polasek not getting the job at that time has made him much more ready as he alluded to in his presser. I think the experience he’s gained from three different fbs jobs and his passion for ndsu does make him the ideal hire.

Mark me down as VERY skeptical on this hire.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Why bro expand pls
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Ah, let's see. More PC = Bullshit. There's no such thing. Any hire is a compromise including this one.

I learned today that back in 2018 this candidate lost the job to Matt Entz. As of 2023 will he be an improvement? Only time will tell. But "ideal"? GTFOHWT.
    More PC? WTF are you babbling about? Entz was the slam dunk hire at the time, lead assistant for a program that was steamrolling everything in its path. TP wasn't even on the staff.

A compromise hire would be going internal to save some recruits or portal BS. This was going out and getting a guy we needed to make some changes to get us back on track again, somebody that understands where this program was when we were operating at a high level.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

When I look at Polasek, striding into the team room purposely, a bit blustering in a good way, I do not see PC at all. I see a tell-it-like-it-is guy. Not the most polished guy but I don't care. He is inheriting a lot of problems and "challenges" and does not try to sugarcoat anything. That's what we need. The proof is in the pudding, of course, but I hope there is an appropriate honeymoon with Polasek.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    More PC? WTF are you babbling about? Entz was the slam dunk hire at the time, lead assistant for a program that was steamrolling everything in its path. TP wasn't even on the staff.

A compromise hire would be going internal to save some recruits or portal BS. This was going out and getting a guy we needed to make some changes to get us back on track again, somebody that understands where this program was when we were operating at a high level.
    Polasek is saying all the right things right now but do you really think he knows some secret formula that Entz didn't know? If you want to go based off of past teams the best Bison teams of the last 12 years were the teams that Polasek wasn't on the staff during (2013, 2017-2019). I don't think there's any secret to how the Bison dominate... it's just a matter of executing that strategy. Maybe Polasek will be be better at that as a head coach than Entz was but only time will tell.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Yah. Not a fan.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    This was the ideal hire, Tim gets it and can get us back to being where we expect to be.
    Why is this the ideal hire? He gets what? He can't even get offenses going in the right direction. Let me guess... he won't be calling plays... but Roehl isn't going anywhere.

I'm hoping he turns out to be a Dan Campbell-type hire. Don't know/remember enough about him to know if he has personality. He seemed better in the players speech than I was expecting based on his introductory press conference at Wyoming. I watched it this weekend and thought absolutely no way is this dude a HC at NDSU.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    When I look at Polasek, striding into the team room purposely, a bit blustering in a good way, I do not see PC at all. I see a tell-it-like-it-is guy. Not the most polished guy but I don't care. He is inheriting a lot of problems and "challenges" and does not try to sugarcoat anything. That's what we need. The proof is in the pudding, of course, but I hope there is an appropriate honeymoon with Polasek.
    What problems exactly?