Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome back HC Polasek

Default Re: Welcome back HC Polasek

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Polasek is saying all the right things right now but do you really think he knows some secret formula that Entz didn't know? If you want to go based off of past teams the best Bison teams of the last 12 years were the teams that Polasek wasn't on the staff during (2013, 2017-2019). I don't think there's any secret to how the Bison dominate... it's just a matter of executing that strategy. Maybe Polasek will be be better at that as a head coach than Entz was but only time will tell.
    I'm not sure Entz was all that great, he took over a machine and kind of coasted along. It seems like we have had a lot of coasting within the athletic department as a whole. Entz was in the right place at the right time though when Klieman left.

I think Polasek gets recrutiing and the portal at a much higher level, this is where the FBS experience will help. I also think he knows we need to get back to physical football and dominate in the trenches, our DL play especially this year was horrible. OL was hit and miss as well.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Why is this the ideal hire? He gets what? He can't even get offenses going in the right direction. Let me guess... he won't be calling plays... but Roehl isn't going anywhere.
    Well his shitty offense beat Iowa with a Sophmore QB, when is the last time this team beat anyone that has more talent than we do. I'll give you a hint, it hasn't happend since Klieman was here.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Polasek is saying all the right things right now but do you really think he knows some secret formula that Entz didn't know? If you want to go based off of past teams the best Bison teams of the last 12 years were the teams that Polasek wasn't on the staff during (2013, 2017-2019). I don't think there's any secret to how the Bison dominate... it's just a matter of executing that strategy. Maybe Polasek will be be better at that as a head coach than Entz was but only time will tell.
    Yep listening to his press he knows to win with physicality up front. Entz brought in a bunch of undersized d lineman that got pushed around and couldn’t generate pressure. Seems like our recruiting has been down under entz so I’d say he knows something entz didn’t.

So realistically who else could ndsu have brought in? Not some 1/1,000,000 long shot guy leaving the nfl (Cain).

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    What problems exactly?
    What do you think???
    1. transfer portal.
    2. Fans expectations.
    3. Lower attendance.
    4. Some players may have preferred Tyler.
    5. Some want to go FBS.
    6. And last but not least, BATHROOM SHORTAGES IN THE DOME FOR THE LADIES.

Every coach inherits problems and "challenges." I just put that in there for the hell of it.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Defense and recruiting wins championships. That's where NDSU needs to improve the most. After that, special team's coverage.

Complaining about clock management and whatever this meathead garbage is supposed to be? Seriously? When NDSU can't win a game without scoring 30+ points a game, it's pretty obvious where the most improvement needs to happen. Get some new material, guys.

Also, like Ross Uglem, I have noticed that UND's OL coach has been doing a really good job... do what it takes to get that guy.
    Maybe you missed the game last Saturday. The defense held Montana to nine points. So your 30 points isnt even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Well his shitty offense beat Iowa with a Sophmore QB, when is the last time this team beat anyone that has more talent than we do. I'll give you a hint, it hasn't happend since Klieman was here.
    Agree. Like this hire more than Tyler. Tyler needs more experience. Like the different jobs Tim has held.

Also liked his on the portal.

This is a subtly a big one for me. Bison used to beat more talented teams because and their coaches knew and admitted they got out coached. We've had good coaches here, but perhaps not the level we've had before. Arizona was winnable last year. Montana was winnable last week. UND...

Optimistic about this hire.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Maybe you missed the game last Saturday. The defense held Montana to nine points. So your 30 points isnt even close.

Special teams gave up 7. Montana ended with 31. Please show your work.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Preaaacccchhhhh

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not sure Entz was all that great, he took over a machine and kind of coasted along. It seems like we have had a lot of coasting within the athletic department as a whole. Entz was in the right place at the right time though when Klieman left.

I think Polasek gets recrutiing and the portal at a much higher level, this is where the FBS experience will help. I also think he knows we need to get back to physical football and dominate in the trenches, our DL play especially this year was horrible. OL was hit and miss as well.
    Exactly Entz didnt excel himself...he was very fortunate to team he was handed

Ive felt program has regressed last two years!