Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome back HC Polasek

Default Re: Welcome back HC Polasek

He's passionate about this program and has worked hard to get where he is. He was good recruiter when he was here and I feel like players like him when he was the OC. He knows what it took to get us to where we were, not long along. He's direct and honest, which can come off as being a dick to people who don't appreciate direct honesty.

Expectations will not change, whoever is on the staff and the roster. I'd have been more than fine with Roehl, and I'm more than fine with Polasek. Now lets get to work and get back to the top of the mountain.

Wish there was a better link than Facebook but this gives a small bit of insight into Polasek meeting the team.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=318664950998258

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Wish there was a better link than Facebook but this gives a small bit of insight into Polasek meeting the team.

I love the comment about being the most physical team in the country and then saying that it starts up front on both sides. Shows that he realizes you win in the trenches first.

Shades of Herb Brooks

Herb Brooks:
    Red line, back. Blue line, back. Far blue line, back. Far red line, back. And you have 45 seconds to do it. Get used to this drill. You'll be doing it *a lot*. Why? Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen. I can't promise you we'll be the best team at Lake Placid next February. But we will be the best conditioned. That I can promise you.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    He's passionate about this program and has worked hard to get where he is. He was good recruiter when he was here and I feel like players like him when he was the OC. He knows what it took to get us to where we were, not long along. He's direct and honest, which can come off as being a dick to people who don't appreciate direct honesty.

Expectations will not change, whoever is on the staff and the roster. I'd have been more than fine with Roehl, and I'm more than fine with Polasek. Now lets get to work and get back to the top of the mountain.
    Agree with most of this, hope he gets the lines and special teams back to dominance. Still worried he'll stay long enough to see this thru but gonna support him while he's HC.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Says working with Teamakers and the Collective a necessity. I think Polasek is a realist and knows how to cut to the chase in what needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Says working with Teamakers and the Collective a necessity. I think Polasek is a realist and knows how to cut to the chase in what needs to be done.
    Agreed and you can tell from that press conference that he speaks his mind and speaks the truth as he sees it. Seems less worried about what others think and has conviction in what he believes.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

This was the ideal hire, Tim gets it and can get us back to being where we expect to be.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    This was the ideal hire, Tim gets it and can get us back to being where we expect to be.
    I am curious what his take is on facilities. In his eyes, how do we stack up vs the G5 and where are we lacking? The same with support staff and institutional support. In his presser he said that was a low priority right now which I get.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Ah, let's see. More PC = Bullshit. There's no such thing. Any hire is a compromise including this one.

I learned today that back in 2018 this candidate lost the job to Matt Entz. As of 2023 will he be an improvement? Only time will tell. But "ideal"? GTFOHWT.
    Don't believe everything you think.