Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome back HC Polasek

Default Re: Welcome back HC Polasek

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    like what? lol losing more kids? We got some kids from the portal last year?
    If you were looking for someone to validate your opinion, just say that on the front end. I'm excited to see what Polasek can do. Also, how many kids has NDSU lost to the portal? Losing more kids? Have any NDSU players entered the transfer portal as a direct result of Polasek being hired?

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    But But he loves the program...
    Would it be better if he hated or was indifferent to the program?

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Why does everyone have a boner over this guy cuz he "knows" the portal and "knows" NIL? Since that stuff started he was in WY... How much did they do with any of that there besides losing players to the portal?
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleK View Post
    We get it, you aren’t a fan of Coach P.

I guess it’s your thing to always be negative about basically everything, but seriously give it a rest. A lot don’t like Lakes, but at least he has takes that aren’t f’n negative all the time.

I wasn’t the biggest fan of Entz, but it was after a few years. People can disagree, and that’s fine. I could have been completely wrong.

Can you at least give him a chance and see what he does? He said it yesterday, he’s not bring in anyone that would not fit the culture or in the locker room. Or have a take that isn’t just arguing with someone for the sake of argument.
    I'm sorry I triggered you. I just don't see how this answers any questions that anyone has because NO ONE can justify the above about the portal but you are 100%, I am not excited about the hire just because he was here before and knows NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by rutlandbison View Post
    If you were looking for someone to validate your opinion, just say that on the front end. I'm excited to see what Polasek can do. Also, how many kids has NDSU lost to the portal? Losing more kids? Have any NDSU players entered the transfer portal as a direct result of Polasek being hired?
    Just trying to figure out what Polasek is going to do different than Entz in the portal because whatever it is didn't happen at Wyoming. Blame it on Bohl?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just wondering. That seems to be the thing on here and on the FB groups. He loves the program. He's intense. WHAT HAS HE DONE that says he will bring anything here besides a love of the program? He ran a shit offense here. He was a line coach in Iowa and an OC in WY who had a shitty offense. I dunno.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think you're reading a bit much into his comments. As I recall he said they would utilize the portal in a way that wouldn't be detrimental to the current locker room but that the primary focus would be on recruiting high school players. He also said that he'd prefer to focus on portal guys who the coaching staff has a previous relationship with. Not sure it's going to be that drastic of a change but having a collective at his back and a good network of coaches, players, and recruits around the Midwest should help him.
    Might be a good strategy. Perhaps a lot better than joining everyone else in chasing portal guys who will jump again.

Some articles out there saying P5 will take less high school kids, and focus on proven guys in the portal.

So, might be more HS talent available. We'd have to develop them and reload constantly, but it could work.

That isn't his point. His point is that people are only justifying the hire based on him loving the program.

Just trying to figure out what Polasek is going to do different than Entz in the portal because whatever it is didn't happen at Wyoming. Blame it on Bohl?
    Were the portal issues you speak of exclusively on Polasek? Do you have some intimate knowledge of the Wyoming football program that we don't?

That isn't his point. His point is that people are only justifying the hire based on him loving the program.
    Having passion for the product is a huge part. He's here to sell the program to the kids. Passion helps. Is he going to be the OC too?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Were the portal issues you speak of exclusively on Polasek? Do you have some intimate knowledge of the Wyoming football program that we don't?
    Dude stop with the intimate knowledge. The point was how much more experience does he have than Entz? That is one of the things people are all happy about is that he is from FBS and know the portal and NIL stuff. It was WY. How much more of that did they deal with compared to us? Not saying it was on ANYONE there's fault that guys left.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]