Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Welcome back HC Polasek

Default Re: Welcome back HC Polasek

can someone explain to me how we went from steam rolling our way towards another national championship w/ a fully loaded team coming back for more in 2024 to "lets give this guy a chance" & "hope he gets a honeymoon period" because we had 6 pentalties in a semi-final game? our defense gave up 77 points in the last 2 games last season & 3 touchdowns in 6 plays this year when 1 stop wins us the game------the DC who gave up the 77 went on to DC in the big ten & the head coach in charge of said defense who beat polasek out with ZERO FBS expeirence is going to coach linebackers at USC------our offense has never been a problem over the last 5 years why did the game change when it came to him as the "next man up" is the elephant in the room that needs to be answered. i paid 5 freakin grand to watch that offense last year with a health luepke & a healthy gindorff not to mention cody freak mauch theres never been anything like it at SU! how do we go from that to "transfer portal u"?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Not exactly more but higher quality, bigger impact talent. Nobody on our level has our resources, need to use those resources more effectively to bring in talent. The portal cannot continue to be a one way talent drain.
    For nearly everyone outside the P5, the portal is a net talent drain, that they try to backfill with others and develop. NFL could be considered a talent drain too. P5 is becoming NFL lite, and it bubbles down.

A few may get lucky, but generally speaking to break even you'd have to spend what those teams who are taking your players are spending. And if you could do that, shouldn't lose them to start with.

Where the real opportunity may lie is in picking up better high school players. Create a deeper pipeline of guys ready to be next man up.

During his presser, Polacek referenced FBS experience at Iowa and Wyoming. Didn't he spend time at Northern Illinois, as well?

He didn't bring that up much. Did it not end well? I haven't looked in depth at that time period so don't know. Seems like time at a lower level FBS program would translate to our program.

Maybe a nothing burger with cheese, but just stood out to me.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    During his presser, Polacek referenced FBS experience at Iowa and Wyoming. Didn't he spend time at Northern Illinois, as well?

He didn't bring that up much. Did it not end well? I haven't looked in depth at that time period so don't know. Seems like time at a lower level FBS program would translate to our program.

I noticed that as well but have no insight into it.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Not exactly more but higher quality, bigger impact talent. Nobody on our level has our resources, need to use those resources more effectively to bring in talent. The portal cannot continue to be a one way talent drain.
    Yep agree with that, more ROI.

He was only there a year so probably just didn't gain as much.

Well he was only at N. Ill. for less than a full year as the TE/RB coach between his 1st 2 stints at NDSU when he came back as our OC. Mainly I think it wasn't brought up because he was talking about the experience he got in FBS AFTER he left NDSU or at least that's how I interpreted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    He was only there a year so probably just didn't gain as much.
    Ok, thanks. That would make sense.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you didn't listen to the presser, Polasek spoke specifically of Cordell Volson as an example of the type of player he hopes to recruit. A developmental type player. That's a great sign. No more 5' 4" RB. No more 5' 11" DT. No more safeties "promoted" to LB. Yes, we'll have more players poached by the bigger schools after we've developed them, this is the new norm, get used to it. We will be a minor league college FB program.