Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome back HC Polasek

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Welcome back HC Polasek

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    I don't understand all the hate for Matt Larsen, what's the deal ? Can someone please enlighten me ? As for the speculation about Roehl leaving or staying, does anyone know for sure one way or the other ? It would really help I think if he would stay.
    Midnight contract for an unpopular basketball coach did it for me.

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What are the odds Roehl gets an "Associate, or Assistant, head coach" tacked onto his title, along with a pay bump?

....Or, maybe he'll slide right into that OC spot that's open in Wyoming.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    I think what Sawvel does at Wyoming in terms of who he retains will determine the pool of potential candidates Polasek has available to him at NDSU.
    i will say how in the ever loving EFF did he get the nod to replace craig bohl? im not saying this as a slight on TP but as to our hopefully good fortune

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I hope Roehl stays. Some hate him, I look at results. He has them. Coach P and Tyler have a long relationship. I think he will be the OC next year again.
    Easy to have results against bad teams. How does he do against better opponents?

Does stupid things like QB run on third and six with the QB who only runs. Never calls a slant or screen against blitzes. Then with the game on the line calls the most idiotic play in program history.

If he went to a school where he didn’t have superior talent in most games he would be run out of town in a season or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gotta think Grant Olson is sweating it out. Linebacker play post Jabril era has been a major struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Easy to have results against bad teams. How does he do against better opponents?

Does stupid things like QB run on third and six with the QB who only runs. Never calls a slant or screen against blitzes. Then with the game on the line calls the most idiotic play in program history.

If he went to a school where he didn’t have superior talent in most games he would be run out of town in a season or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup , we put up big numbers but on the plays in the big moments he shits the bed

Any shot at bringing back John Richardson? He experienced enough to be a DC?

I'm really curious what happen with T Roehl. On one hand, I would guess Polasek would want to keep him since he knows him personally, and to keep guys from portaling. On the other, T Roehl now understands he is unlikely to ever land that job without leaving. I think they should try to bump Tyler's salary to keep him here if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Gotta think Grant Olson is sweating it out. Linebacker play post Jabril era has been a major struggle.
    At least Tim P knows Grant well....that will help. LB play also greatly improved later in the season.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Aaron Bohl? Seems to be a good candidate to come with him. Not sure if he's ready to be a DC yet?

https://gowyo.com/sports/football/ro...aron-bohl/2819