Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome back HC Polasek

Default Re: Welcome back HC Polasek

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    If he brings in his own coordinators, both offensive and defensive, then I won't hate this. If he keeps Tyler and Jason, then, I hate this!
    I believe that coaches can be coached too. Tyler could benefit from being around a head coach for the offensive side of the ball for a change. He’s been working for former DC’s here his whole time here. Local guy, former stud player, bleeds green. I hope he does stick around if offered the chance.

Jason…I wouldn’t miss him as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    It sounds like Tyler is staying (at least for near future) so this really is about as safe/little change of a situation as you could get. If players portal, they probably were going to already.
    Honestly, if TR does stick around, I would have to think that would be HUGE for retention of current players/committed recruits. Quinn Alo tweeted out w/"advice" for players who may be upset w/the Polasek hiring, "sit down and talk with Coach P before making any decisions. One thing I learned in one year with him as a coach, he loves this place."

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I'm reading between the lines. Cook statement more powerful than Larsen.

Sure could be wrong though. I smell smoke...
    I agree....this is how it feels to me as well. Probably a good thing, we need a change there.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I'm reading between the lines. Cook statement more powerful than Larsen.

Sure could be wrong though. I smell smoke...
    Could well be, but I'd rather it be a smooth transition there also. Too much chaos at once isn't good.
    Figure out who the next AD will be before having that position sit vacant.

Even as a figurehead, its better to have someone acting in that role imo.

The best news thus far is TR can help transition before he moves on to his next opportunity.

I don't understand all the hate for Matt Larsen, what's the deal ? Can someone please enlighten me ? As for the speculation about Roehl leaving or staying, does anyone know for sure one way or the other ? It would really help I think if he would stay.

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    Honestly, if TR does stick around, I would have to think that would be HUGE for retention of current players/committed recruits. Quinn Alo tweeted out w/"advice" for players who may be upset w/the Polasek hiring, "sit down and talk with Coach P before making any decisions. One thing I learned in one year with him as a coach, he loves this place."
    this plus a FBS announcement would be the ultimate tri-fecta

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    I don't understand all the hate for Matt Larsen, what's the deal ? Can someone please enlighten me ? As for the speculation about Roehl leaving or staying, does anyone know for sure one way or the other ? It would really help I think if he would stay.
    I’m really not sure why he would stick around.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    It feels to me like a lot of it here is just frustration we aren't fbs. Not sure a new AD can fix that.

Perhaps at Cook's level there could also be disappointment in overall performance of major sports like football and basketball recently. Or boosters may want a change, but this is speculation on my part. The rumors that broke yesterday suggest a change may be pending.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Agree on T Roehl 100%
    Hey Craig , old friend from New England here , Randy S

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    If he brings in his own coordinators, both offensive and defensive, then I won't hate this. If he keeps Tyler and Jason, then, I hate this!
    Petrino improved throughout the year. Roehl has his moments, both great and terrible

Having a head coach who understands Bison offense may help. I suspect Entz was behind the change in offensive philosphy

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com