Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Montana Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

I said this during the game but that is the most maddening game I have ever watched. We played pretty bad mentally. Terrible penalties terrible reffing, cam missing huge plays over and over. We should have won by two scores.

Cam just hasn’t improved enough over four years. Compare him to say Jensen and he doesn’t hit the easy throws even to our RBs as they were open all day out of the back field.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

I felt like we lost due to crowd induced penalties (false starts) and I’m still miffed on that 2 point call. We had run it with ease at the end. Sometimes the team calls the same play again and again when the D is gassed. I didn’t think the situation needed a random razzle dazzle call which ended the season when it wasn’t successful. It felt like an “emotional” call that didn’t jive with the normal game strategies…(i.e. we have an advantage in a particular matchup)…I get the unpredictability the call provides, it wouldn’t have won the game if it worked, massive gamble, you would have had to do more 2 point conversions if good, would the NEXT one have been even more outrageous?

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well we came in unseeded, and took the number 2 seed to OT2 in the semi-finals. Had about 100 yds in penalties. Kat play was questionable but could have worked if Raja ran more towards the line then pulled up and passed. Instead he went lateral and was looking to pass right away. Contact in the end zone with the TE not called (not sure if it needed to be but looked like legit PI). It was a very frustrating/exciting game. The boys ultimately did very well this season and there is nothing to be ashamed of.

2023 Down year Bison went to the semi finals and came up short in 2OT unseeded. Go Bison!!!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Embarrassing play call at that moment when they shoved it all OT.

Game was lost on false starts, a couple missed long balls, and some key drops. And getting it shoved up their a** in OT.

Blaming the refs is a loser mentality.

Imagine being a DC and just being able to know the play call 1/10 times by the package and being able to blitz as much as you want without ever worrying about a screen pass lol

Must be an easy week to plan.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Let the overreaction begin. A good team beat another good team, in an instant classic! Sucks to lose. Sucks.
    You’re still on the spectrum. Be sure to use lube when you give ML a handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Embarrassing play call at that moment when they shoved it all OT.

Game was lost on false starts, a couple missed long balls, and some key drops. And getting it shoved up their a** in OT.

Blaming the refs is a loser mentality.
    Refs gave us 30 yards in the most important drive too
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Refs sucked but we sucked more so pretty sure SDSU will take Montana to the woodshed because as soon as McDowell has to start passing it'll be open season for SDSU defense.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

The refs didn't call that play or let the Griz slice through our defense. They were bad but we lost the game on our own.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    You’re still on the spectrum. Be sure to use lube when you give ML a handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for saving me from having to call out this out.