Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Montana Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    On the one hand, I did not expect to be in a situation where I feel like we *should* have won the semifinal game on the road… surprised we made it that far after the UND game. Not a bad result for our worst team in 14 years.

On the other hand…

To everyone playing the “let’s not overreact here” card… I have one question? What is the appropriate reaction when you have a head coaching decision coming up that will also likely impact portal decisions and general program direction?

We’re not overreacting, we’re acting appropriately.
    Exactly. I don’t see this as a “reloading” year. Talent level continues to decline. High end talent likely leaves and we are going to be like every other team bringing in a bunch of kids to fill holes and hoping they mesh.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    On the one hand, I did not expect to be in a situation where I feel like we *should* have won the semifinal game on the road… surprised we made it that far after the UND game. Not a bad result for our worst team in 14 years.

On the other hand…

To everyone playing the “let’s not overreact here” card… I have one question? What is the appropriate reaction when you have a head coaching decision coming up that will also likely impact portal decisions and general program direction?

We’re not overreacting, we’re acting appropriately.
    Exactly. I don’t see this as a “reloading” year. Talent level continues to decline. High end talent likely leaves and we are going to be like every other team bringing in a bunch of kids to fill holes and hoping they mesh.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Another view of the the last play of the game
    end zone angle

https://x.com/ShaunRainey/status/173...254890401?s=20
    I’d have to lean on our officiating posters. If TE engages like a run play to sell the run, can you throw the flag when the DB treats it as such and could say they are “getting off the block”. Tough call to make as an official at that point.

Just sold my Natty tickets as soon as I listed them.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Great run by the fellas after the und game. Had a bunch of chances in hostile territory today. Now it’ll get interesting.

Also how awful was the actual Broadcast today? I mean holy crap, neither commentator said our name right, not even once. They kept talking about how dominant the Griz were on the LOS, and I was like… wut????? Wut game are you watching???

Additionally, the director would cut to the LOS camera with less than 3 seconds on the play clock every fricken snap. Literally missed 4-5 plays. There were so many bad camera takes, or missed question from the director, it made me want to gouge my eyes out.

And before anyone says “what do you know bout this??” I used to work in sports broadcasting with fox sports and ESPN, so I’m not blowing smoke (for once)
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    I’d have to lean on our officiating posters. If TE engages like a run play to sell the run, can you throw the flag when the DB treats it as such and could say they are “getting off the block”. Tough call to make as an official at that point.
    The Montana player was far more athletic than the clumsy Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Also how awful was the actual Broadcast today? I mean holy crap, neither commentator said our name right, not even once. They kept talking about how dominant the Griz were on the LOS, and I was like… wut????? Wut game are you watching???

Additionally, the director would cut to the LOS camera with less than 3 seconds on the play clock every fricken snap. Literally missed 4-5 plays. There were so many bad camera takes, or missed question from the director, it made me want to gouge my eyes out.

And before anyone says “what do you know bout this??” I used to work in sports broadcasting with fox sports and ESPN, so I’m not blowing smoke (for once)
    Yes one of the worst espn broadcasts I've seen that company has gone to shit

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    Congratulations to a strong push in later part of this season.
    Thanks twat waffle.

We almost watched the 2nd half in silence. It's too hard to sync the radio broadcast with Midco's cloud DVR so we gave up trying to listen and watch. It seems like every other ESPN announcer mentions multiple times that it is Bizon, not "bye son" except for these jokers.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

It's OK to not be OK.