Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Montana Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Montana Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Its almost like the coaches told Cam not to run with the ball. Sure he may not have had a ton of opportunities, but I kept expecting him to escape from the pocket and get a few first downs that way.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Its almost like the coaches told Cam not to run with the ball. Sure he may not have had a ton of opportunities, but I kept expecting him to escape from the pocket and get a few first downs that way.
    Playing injured since SIU game, and got hammered a couple of times in Drake and USD games.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Playing injured since SIU game, and got hammered a couple of times in Drake and USD games.
    Which makes me wonder. If NDSU is calling designed QB runs vs Drake what were the coaches thinking. I feel like the NDSU offense has been too reliant in the QB run game the last few years. Almost to the detriment of our RB's ability to carry the ball.

Dewey

That was a slog to end the season, 11 weeks without a bye? MVFC season and then an unseeded road path in the playoffs? Sounds rough lol
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    What's the excuse for the overthrow of Green on 3rd down on the 1st drive? Green was WFO, Cam was under 0 pressure and a little touch on the pass to the outside drops it right into his hands, instead he throws a bullet to the back corner and Green only gets the fingertips of a single hand to it. A TD to open there and it's a completely different ballgame IMO.
    That one is either a bad throw by Cam or a miscommunication between Cam & Eli. If Cam was expecting Eli to go straight to the pylon then it is a perfect throw, and would probably look a lot like the Wentz to Legendowski play in the SDSU playoff game. Agree that a TD there would've completely changed the game. To me the bigger missed opportunity that first drive was on the previous play when Cam didn't see a wide open TK Marshall coming across the middle of the field as he was scrambling.

Any detail on what was banged up? Will he require any surgical intervention you’re aware of?
    Don't believe everything you think.

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Any detail on what was banged up? Will he require any surgical intervention you’re aware of?
    Looked to me like sore ribs. As CAS said he took a big shot in the SIU game and another vs Drake. Seemed to be rubbing his rib area a lot in following games.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Looked to me like sore ribs. As CAS said he took a big shot in the SIU game and another vs Drake. Seemed to be rubbing his rib area a lot in following games.
    Thanks. I noticed some of that. Might make it painful to throw eh?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    Which makes me wonder. If NDSU is calling designed QB runs vs Drake what were the coaches thinking. I feel like the NDSU offense has been too reliant in the QB run game the last few years. Almost to the detriment of our RB's ability to carry the ball.

Dewey
    If it's the play I'm thinking of, Cam got rocked when passing, not when running.

Heck, as long as I've been watching Bison football, the biggest shots the QBs have taken and the plays they most often get injured on are passing plays because they are so defenseless - if an injury is to the rib area there's almost no chance that's a run (unless the defense is spearing.) I've even seen QBs get injured several times behind running plays because, back in the option days, some defenses would make sure to hit the QB on every single play (and cheap shots were part of that.)

Quote Originally Posted by tony;1651435[B
    ]If it's the play I'm thinking of, Cam got rocked when passing, not when running.[/B]

Heck, as long as I've been watching Bison football, the biggest shots the QBs have taken and the plays they most often get injured on are passing plays because they are so defenseless - if an injury is to the rib area there's almost no chance that's a run (unless the defense is spearing.) I've even seen QBs get injured several times behind running plays because, back in the option days, some defenses would make sure to hit the QB on every single play (and cheap shots were part of that.)
    I was thinking of that play vs Drake too. And, as CAS and others have already said relating to an injury, Cam looked like he was “off” at Montana from the start. I was wondering if he was nursing a previous injury or maybe part of the rumored flu that was going through the team. Maybe part of the bigger picture as to why it wasn’t one of his better performances of this season.