Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Montana Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    We did have a good time in Missoula. The weather was so nice and the flights so expensive we drove (we are around painted canyon right now)
    Every single griz fan that we met were welcoming and complimented Ndsu.
    They were actually very gracious winners. Great atmosphere.
    It just didn’t turn out the way we wanted.

+1000^^€^^^

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe NDSU will be smart and build a cool outdoor stadium when we go FBS

Fargo Dome is stale and turn off to recruits.
    "The bird is in your hand"

If there was no such thing as the playoffs, I would agree. Otherwise no effing way!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I was not aware. Very distressing as I thought Administration said no to this vile phrase.
    I agree with you 100%. Unless they are playing the Bison I'm a Sioux fan!!!!

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    I agree with you 100%. Unless they are playing the Bison I'm a Sioux fan!!!!
    Check negative rep

Quote Originally Posted by SafeTeeJ View Post
    Maybe NDSU will be smart and build a cool outdoor stadium when we go FBS

Fargo Dome is stale and turn off to recruits.
    Every recruit that Ive heard that has been interviewed said they love the dome and atmosphere. Dont know where you are getting that.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    The best testimonial to date as to why a team should stay in the FCS. A G5 subdivision with a national playoff system would be ideal. As it stands now, playing Toledo in a crappy bowl game does nothing to get me excited.
    I hear you. It isn't the bowl game that makes FBS really nice. It's the regular season and playing quality opponents every week instead of beating up on CAA chumps every Saturday.

But, I see it all disappearing if they don't get a handle on NIL and the portal. We lost a receiver last year to South Carolina. He got a million dollars in NIL money for the transfer and was the SEC's leading receiver. This year he was injured so he has a year left. In the meantime, South Carolina signed a kid who is 6'5 and runs a 4.3 40. He appears to be the second coming of Randy Moss. So, what does the receiver who transferred from JMU to SC for a million bucks do? He just transferred to Ole Miss for a shitload more NIL dough because he knew he couldn't compete with the newcomer and his draft stock would be crap.

Gamecock fans are steaming! They were all giddy when they gave the guy a million bucks to transfer from JMU. Now, they believe he's a traitor.

LOL! The portal giveth and portal taketh away.

And, I agree with you on the G5 playoffs, but I believe it should also include P4, like March Madness. A 64-team FBS field is probably more than some would want, but 32 would be OK. It would only take 5 weeks to crown a champ. If you want to expand the field to 64, it would only take six weeks. The natty could be mid to late January. All of the playoff games could be bowl games with sponsors and the whole deal just like now except winners advance. The reason this isn't happening and hasn't ever happened is because P4 (used to be P5) owns the NCAA and they call the shots and want the entire stage for themselves.

Change is happening, but slowly. Next year, G5 gets one CFP playoff spot. JMU would likely have gotten that spot if the field had been expanded this year (by the way, we lost one game this year to App State by three points in overtime and I was sitting right in front of that play when it happened and App's ball carrier did not have possession of the ball when he crossed the goal line. He had lost the ball in the field of play, it rolled into the end zone and out of bounds). They called it a touchdown.
    Last edited by bulldogg; 12-18-2023 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I hear you. It isn't the bowl game that makes FBS really nice. It's the regular season and playing quality opponents every week instead of beating up on CAA chumps every Saturday.

But, I see it all disappearing if they don't get a handle on NIL and the portal. We lost a receiver last year to South Carolina. He got a million dollars in NIL money for the transfer and was the SEC's leading receiver. This year he was injured so he has a year left. In the meantime, South Carolina signed a kid who is 6'5 and runs a 4.3 40. He appears to be the second coming of Randy Moss. So, what does the receiver who transferred from JMU to SC for a million bucks do. He just transferred to Ole Miss for a shitload more NIL dough because (I believe) he knew he couldn't compete with the newcomer and his draft stock would be crap.

Gamecock fans are steaming! They were all giddy when they gave the guy a million bucks to transfer. Now, they believe he's a traitor.

LOL! The portal taketh and portal taketh away.

And, I agree with you on the G5 playoffs, but I believe it should also include P4, like March Madness. A 64-team FBS field is probably more than some would want, but 32 would be OK. It would only take 5 weeks to crown a champ. If you want to expand the field to 64, it would only take six weeks. The natty could be mid to late January. All of the playoff games could be bowl games with sponsors and the whole deal just like now except winners advance. The reason this isn't happening and hasn't ever happened is because P4 (used to be P5) owns the NCAA and they call the shots and want the entire stage for themselves.

Change is happening, but slowly. Next year, G5 gets one CFP playoff spot. JMU would likely have gotten that spot if the field had been expanded this year (by the way, we lost one game this year to App State by three points in overtime and I was sitting right in front of that play when it happened and App's ball carrier did not have possession of the ball when he crossed the goal line. He had lost the ball in the field of play, it rolled into the end zone and out of bounds). They called it a touchdown.

^^^^^^^^^^^

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

That was a bizarre couple of weeks, Soft Houston beating both JMU and NDSU.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    That was a bizarre couple of weeks, Soft Houston beating both JMU and NDSU.
    Nice to know we still own so much space in your overinflated head.