Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Montana Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Montana Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    That one is either a bad throw by Cam or a miscommunication between Cam & Eli. If Cam was expecting Eli to go straight to the pylon then it is a perfect throw, and would probably look a lot like the Wentz to Legendowski play in the SDSU playoff game. Agree that a TD there would've completely changed the game. To me the bigger missed opportunity that first drive was on the previous play when Cam didn't see a wide open TK Marshall coming across the middle of the field as he was scrambling.
    He didn't throw to wide open RBs all game, whether it was check downs in the pocket or sack/scramble outlets, his eyes stayed downfield way too long almost every snap.

So Montana lost their starting QB to the transfer portal, but they are hitting the portal hard.

Here are the transfers (cut, copied, corrected) from egriz.com: Montana recruiting thread

QB- Logan Fife 6' 0" 205 (Fresno State) 2 to play 2
    RB- Stevie Rocker 6' 0" 200 (Arizona) 2 to play 2
    OL- Everett Johnson 6' 7" 312 (California) 2 to play 2
    WR/Ret- BJ Phillips 5' 9" 170 (Santa Barbara City College) (PWO)

DL- Patrick Hayden 6' 2" 285 (Monmouth) 1 to play 1
    DE- Andres Lehrman 6' 2" 255 (Youngstown State) 1 to play 1
    LB- Vai Kaho 6' 1" 230 (San Diego State) 1 to play 1
    S- Kade Cutler 6' 0" 206 (Montana State) Phillipsburg MT 4 to play 4

K- Johan Silver 5' 11" 185 (Kent State) 3 to play 3

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    He didn't throw to wide open RBs all game, whether it was check downs in the pocket or sack/scramble outlets, his eyes stayed downfield way too long almost every snap.
    Regardless, what lost the game was kicking the ball to Junior Bergen. Just dumb.
    Don't believe everything you think.

There was a very nice piece on WCCO evening sports segment a couple of nights ago about Eli Gilman, RB for the Griz. He won the Jerry Rice Award this year. Turns out he is from just down the road here in Cokato, MN. While I really wanted to hate on him since he scored the go ahead against the Bison, it is hard to do when you see him in this piece. Very nice kid.

I wish I could include a link so all the rest of you could suffer through those vid clips like I did but I can't find one on their site.

Edit: fix hometown spelling. I wondered why it wanted to substitute Cockatoo!
    Last edited by GreenfieldBison; 01-20-2024 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    There was a very nice piece on WCCO evening sports segment a couple of nights ago about Eli Gilman, RB for the Griz. He won the Jerry Rice Award this year. Turns out he is from just down the road here in Cokato, MN. While I really wanted to hate on him since he scored the go ahead against the Bison, it is hard to do when you see him in this piece. Very nice kid.

I wish I could include a link so all the rest of you could suffer through those vid clips like I did but I can't find one on their site.

Edit: fix hometown spelling. I wondered why it wanted to substitute Cockatoo!
    Seems that it is pronounced like Mankato, Greenfield. Does that sound right to you?

How do you spell Cokato minnesota?

Cokato (/koʊˈkeɪtoʊ/ koh-KAY-toh) is a city in Wright County, Minnesota, United States.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki

Cokato, Minnesota - Wikipedia

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Seems that it is pronounced like Mankato, Greenfield. Does that sound right to you?

How do you spell Cokato minnesota?

Cokato (/koʊˈkeɪtoʊ/ koh-KAY-toh) is a city in Wright County, Minnesota, United States.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki

Cokato, Minnesota - Wikipedia

You are correct sir.