Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Montana Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    If they ever hit 9 national championships, then they can gloat. Otherwise, knock off the "horns down." A craw in my side for some reason.
    Just makes them look immature and like NDSU is in their heads. Kind of foolish really so must come naturally to them haha

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If they ever hit 9 national championships, then they can gloat. Otherwise, knock off the "horns down." A craw in my side for some reason.
    On contrare, I take it a badge of honor, knowing that while in their glory we are living rent-free in their heads! We are their 'big brother' that they aspire to emulate but know that it highly unlikely they will ever match our accomplishments. I'm flattered that we are what they want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I’m trying to be as level headed as humanly possible when I say. Montana is legitimately not good lol. The effort factor is high, there’s no doubt about it, but virtually 100% of their successful plays were Johnny manziel backyard football, chicken with your head cut off, couldn’t replicate it if they had to, bullshit. Their lines on both sides of the ball were getting rag dolled aaaaaall day (except for their Oline in OT)

Their entire victory relied on flukey looney toons style, silent movie comedy moments lol. Their 2pt conversion, the PI against Raja, the 9 penalties vs 2, literally had to have every single star align in perfect harmony to squeak by, by the skin of their teeth.

Let’s put it this way, SDSU no longer needs to practice, at all, for the natty. Cannot imagine the sheer sense of relief they feel Knowing they will play a high school team In the natty.
    You guys looked really good in the latter part of the season which is the best time to look really good.

FBS has been really fun and the Bison should be there, but I believe NIL and the portal are going to destroy it pretty quick. Our coach has been poached by the Big Ten (Indiana) who we can't compete with dollar-wise, our best players are in the portal, and some are refusing to play in our bowl game next weekend because they don't want to risk injury and damage to their "brand."

Many diehard college football fans, me included, expect next season to be the last one we will have any interest in. I am going to Ft. Worth next week for our bowl game and I regret spending the two grand I have already spent to go there because I really don't give a shit right now. A month ago we would have beaten Air Force by three or four touchdowns. Now, I don't know if we can beat them.

It seems like the dissolution of the PAC and other events west of the Mississippi would have created an FBS opening for the Bison somewhere. What he hell is up with the Mountain West? Why haven't they extended an invite? Probably because they know you would dominate the conference from the jump like JMU has done in the Sun Belt.

Wishing you all the merriest Christmas ever and the best of everything in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    You guys looked really good in the latter part of the season which is the best time to look really good.

FBS has been really fun and the Bison should be there, but I believe NIL and the portal are going to destroy it pretty quick. Our coach has been poached by the Big Ten (Indiana) who we can't compete with dollar-wise, our best players are in the portal, and some are refusing to play in our bowl game next weekend because they don't want to risk injury and damage to their "brand."

Many diehard college football fans, me included, expect next season to be the last one we will have any interest in. I am going to Ft. Worth next week for our bowl game and I regret spending the two grand I have already spent to go there because I really don't give a shit right now. A month ago we would have beaten Air Force by three or four touchdowns. Now, I don't know if we can beat them.

It seems like the dissolution of the PAC and other events west of the Mississippi would have created an FBS opening for the Bison somewhere. What he hell is up with the Mountain West? Why haven't they extended an invite? Probably because they know you would dominate the conference from the jump like JMU has done in the Sun Belt.

Wishing you all the merriest Christmas ever and the best of everything in 2024.
    Wish the top of fcs and the G5 can form some sub division. NIL and transfer portal along with conference realignment is destroying college football.

Fcs as of now is 2 Dakota schools and 2 Montana schools. Gone are the days of GSU, JMU, JSU, app etc to make things interesting and more importantly more national competition.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Quite possibly, I was wondering if all the psychological pressure also contributed in some fashion to the false starts, we had a bunch of those, even though the team practiced with noise.

I’m pretty convinced it is Polasek, not just because of rumors, but also because it would have been foolish to not announce TR sooner if he was the pick.
    this is what i was getting at i think theres a big difference between i need to catch this ball for a chance to go to frisco vs i need to catch this ball becuz if i dont who knows what will happen sort of thing ... and that blame goes all the way around starting with entz larson fan base you name it but the bottom line is alot of people are missing the trees in the forest with all the nit-picking the big picture is we have/had a rock solid bunch of guys who according to QB1 cam miller would die for each other out there & they were all kind of left to dry yesterday with the uncertainty

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXdrTad664U

if weve reached a point where a team like this doesnt move the needle we got trouble right here in river city my friends----------if yesterday was intended as a job interview id say roehl & staff passed with flying colors as they will never come under that type of pressure again in there proffesional lives------as mangy would say count me in x 1000 for another chance to dance with this group they will go down as the GOATS in my book every last one of them
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    this is what i was getting at i think theres a big difference between i need to catch this ball for a chance to go to frisco vs i need to catch this ball becuz if i dont who knows what will happen sort of thing ... and that blame goes all the way around starting with entz larson fan base you name it but the bottom line is alot of people are missing the trees in the forest with all the nit-picking the big picture is we have/had a rock solid bunch of guys who according to QB1 cam miller would die for each other out there & they were all kind of left to dry yesterday with the uncertainty
    I agree Slick but then watching Matt Entz in that presser I've got to believe he has been doing his utmost to help them through that. I 100% believe that while he might be looking forward to what comes next for him that it was not easy to leave Fargo and that he cares deeply for all those guys.
    Don't believe everything you think.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    On contrare, I take it a badge of honor, knowing that while in their glory we are living rent-free in their heads! We are their 'big brother' that they aspire to emulate but know that it highly unlikely they will ever match our accomplishments. I'm flattered that we are what they want to be.
    I am just getting used to this "spread reputation feature" and I can't use it for a while until I spread reputation to someone else besides you (odd) so I will publicly PRAISE your comment. Little by little, I am digging myself out of the hole of yesterday's loss.

At the risk of getting ran off the board, would anyone happen to have 4 tickets (preferably east side) for the championship game they would be willing to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbacker View Post
    At the risk of getting ran off the board, would anyone happen to have 4 tickets (preferably east side) for the championship game they would be willing to sell?
    For some reason this made me literally LOL. I don't have any as I had very little confidence I would need them this year. So close but have to show up and make plays to get there.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I do not doubt they will be relieved of an almost certain victory but what does that say about the FCS competition that so many teams are crappy or inconsistent. SDSU may be very good but they don't have much competition. Someday they may be dealing with the portal and Jackrabbits fatigue. Mark my words.

I despise the Jacks. No class. Juvenile with their horns down. Even if we are not there in Frisco this year, they will probably still do "horns down."

Kind of like the students still say "Sioux Suck?"