Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4888969798

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs Montana (Semifinals)

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs Montana (Semifinals)

Indy, do you know anything about the recruit from IN or the high school he's coming from? I think he's a RB, if I remember correctly.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Indy, do you know anything about the recruit from IN or the high school he's coming from? I think he's a RB, if I remember correctly.
    Not much. He was up in Northern Indiana and a smaller school. They were top 10 in their class and lost a close sectional final to the eventual state runner up who had Michigan and Ohio State recruits. He wasn't a Top 50 kid in the state. They do an all state team for each class and grade abs he wasn't in the 4A Senior team. It doesn't appear he was on any all conference teams.

I found this story that featured him. The stats on GoBison appear even better considering he missed 4 games. He's a big back that that could turn into the next fullback.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Not much. He was up in Northern Indiana and a smaller school. They were top 10 in their class and lost a close sectional final to the eventual state runner up who had Michigan and Ohio State recruits. He wasn't a Top 50 kid in the state. They do an all state team for each class and grade abs he wasn't in the 4A Senior team. It doesn't appear he was on any all conference teams.

I found this story that featured him. The stats on GoBison appear even better considering he missed 4 games. He's a big back that that could turn into the next fullback.

That's what I was thinking. Like those bigger backs that can still move.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Like those bigger backs that can still move.
    A bit like Luepke? As in smaller town kid. Not saying he'll be like him but you can always hope...
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    A bit like Luepke? As in smaller town kid. Not saying he'll be like him but you can always hope...
    Appreciate his proactiveness reaching out to many schools and NDSU was on that list. Seems like a kid who could develop. Recruiting is mostly educated guessing and you never know how these players will adjust and evolve at the next level.

The local newspaper had its top 40 and enter they signed. The top 4 were 2 Ohio State, 1 Georgia, and 1 Notre Dame. Overall most of the top 20 are P5 kids (13 B1G, 1 SEC, 2 ACC 2 Notre Dame). Most of the next 20 are G5 (MAC). None from that list are FCS. We are so close to so many schools kids get recruited all over. Indy is closer to Miami than Notre Dame for example. Two of the top QBs were committed to Duke and Colorado. They both flipped in the last week to IU and San Diego State respectively. Both very good and smart players so we'll see how they do.

So a kid like this has the potential to fall through the cracks. This is true in most states. You just have to get lucky and find them.

Quote Originally Posted by autogriz View Post
    Heard that one before....! Looks like I'll be headed to the other Dakota team to hear some good trash talk..... Hope spring ball is beneficial.......! GO GRIZ!!!!!!!!!
    Told ya. haha