Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs Montana (Semifinals)

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs Montana (Semifinals)

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I will be DELIGHTED to but if you don't mind me ALSO including post-game analysis from our 9 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP wins to say nothing of the D-II national championship wins. DEAL???
    Well if your going to go that far back, my grade school were undefeated from grades 2 thru 8 So there!!!!!!

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by autogriz View Post
    Well if your going to go that far back, my grade school were undefeated from grades 2 thru 8 So there!!!!!!
    This site can help with your post title game trauma. https://bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com/
    Will be a similar outcome for the Griz.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

But, you probably are of the generation that had participation trophies though so your back-to-back does not mean much.

Hey! I do want the Grizzlies to beat the snot out of the Bunnies. Unlikely but I still do.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Roehl's great offensive mind...hey lets run the same play that Montana ran and got incredibly lucky on.....
    The "incredible lucky" part was that the Bison player tried to intercept the ball instead of knocking it down. There was nothing to be gained by intercepting it. Dumb!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    The "incredible lucky" part was that the Bison player tried to intercept the ball instead of knocking it down. There was nothing to be gained by intercepting it. Dumb!
    This is true, though the facemask penalty would have meant a do over from the 1 and 1/2.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    This is true, though the facemask penalty would have meant a do over from the 1 and 1/2.
    For everyone who thought the officials were rigged to screw the Bison so Montana could win, there was a major error on this play that benefitted the Bison. The kind of error that gets officials in more trouble than simple judgment misses.

The offense has the option to enforce personal fouls on a successful try at the succeeding spot. The Bison should have started the second OT at the 40. That's a huge difference in that situation. That rarely happens, so it's not second nature to the officials. But no excuse, someone on the crew should have picked up including replay.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Indy - So it would have been first and 10 from the 40? Or first and 25 from the 40? I would think 1 and 10 but unsure.

Also, I may have missed it if you posted it elsewhere but the offensive PI on us in first half seemed like a phantom call, but maybe there is more to the rule than I know. I am not complaining about the call but it just seemed like it killed our momentum and mojo.

As always, appreciate your insight and dedication to reffing. Without refs, we all could not get to enjoy the games.

In all honesty you have to GO BACK to find the last time you won a championship.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Indy - So it would have been first and 10 from the 40? Or first and 25 from the 40? I would think 1 and 10 but unsure.

Also, I may have missed it if you posted it elsewhere but the offensive PI on us in first half seemed like a phantom call, but maybe there is more to the rule than I know. I am not complaining about the call but it just seemed like it killed our momentum and mojo.

As always, appreciate your insight and dedication to reffing. Without refs, we all could not get to enjoy the games.
    Yes, 1st and 10 from the 40.

I haven't seen the OPI play. Was it a pick play? OPI restrictions start at the snap so no offensive player can't block beyond the NZ if a legal forward pass is thrown beyond the neutral zone. It happens sometimes if the play is supposed to be a screen caught beyond but extends to far and is caught beyond. The foul is on the blocker, but it's caused by either the QB or receiver going too far.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It looked like one wr ran a 10 yard curl, the other straight up the side line. Inside defender ran around the curl guy to go cover the wide guy, maybe there was some butt contact but nothing like you see on normal pick plays.