Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs Montana (Semifinals)

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs Montana (Semifinals)

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Bison Game Day flag is up along Highway 10 between Lake Park and Hawley. Here's to a great day.
    That's you?!? I love it! I'll honk three times as I drive by today. Red Ford, Kentucky plates. GO BISON!
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

I hate to even predict a score given how good and bad both teams have looked during the season, but I think the Bison can do it 28-17.
    It's OK to not be OK.

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I hate to even predict a score given how good and bad both teams have looked during the season, but I think the Bison can do it 28-17.
    Those are my thoughts as well!

Almost 1/3 mile less elevation than Bozeman and not even 1/2 mile higher than Fargo. Ball should flight a little more predictably for Cam. No rain in the forecast and winds are calm. Passing game should be good to go. I like the boys in green in this one. On a mission to right a wrong.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4peat View Post
    Looks like the line has moved almost 2 points for the Griz. Bison win 21-20. I have no idea how this squad is here, but they are.
    I had shifted to Griz -2 or -2.5 for most of yesterday. This morning it's back to Griz -1 at most places it appears.

It will be a tough environment, but I think it simply comes down to which team will be better for longer in the game. Limit their big plays, we will get big plays too. Bergen gets one big return but we slow him down after that. I loved the fire we saw from the defense last week. Weather should be good for the passing game. Bison are just clicking on all cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Almost 1/3 mile less elevation than Bozeman and not even 1/2 mile higher than Fargo. Ball should flight a little more predictably for Cam. No rain in the forecast and winds are calm. Passing game should be good to go. I like the boys in green in this one. On a mission to right a wrong.
    That's interesting. I didn't realize there was that much difference in elevation between Missoula and Bozeman. Do QBs feel like it impacts it that much?

I don't recall it impacting the passing game when we played at Wyoming back in the day, but I did see our defense sucking wind late in the game.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    That's you?!? I love it! I'll honk three times as I drive by today. Red Ford, Kentucky plates. GO BISON!
    I likely won't hear the honk. We have a long driveway. Feel free to honk, though! Horns up!

I wonder if NDSU brought the younger kickoff guy? Would be good to kick it deep or through the endzone but I'm not sure if we have a guy that can do that.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    That's interesting. I didn't realize there was that much difference in elevation between Missoula and Bozeman. Do QBs feel like it impacts it that much?

I don't recall it impacting the passing game when we played at Wyoming back in the day, but I did see our defense sucking wind late in the game.
    The air is thinner at higher elevation and so there is less drag on the ball from friction and the ball will sail more.

If you want to bulk up your long drive ego go play some golf in Breckenridge, CO at 9,600 feet.

Edit: and in an interesting sort of paradox there is also less "lift" and so it is harder to get an aircraft airborne at altitude.

Edit 2: I'm not a physicist so this is all speculative but I don't think a thrown football will have as much increased relative carry as a flighted golfball at different altitudes. This is because the thrown football is spinning axially while the golf ball is spinning backwards. So for the golfball the air is traveling relatively faster over the top of the ball than the bottom, thereby generation some lift due to the lower pressure on top. The pressures are the same on the top and bottom of a thrown football. That all sounds right in my head anyway...
    Don't believe everything you think.