Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Polasek Thoughts

Default Re: Polasek Thoughts

I am very happy with Polasek as HC! On the the future!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The FCS may have had better individual teams but the MVFC and Big Sky are likely the strongest conferences the FCS has ever seen.
    They dont.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Wait until Tuesday boys
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

chuckles is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    I am very happy with Polasek as HC! On the the future!
    Go Bison! ++++++++++++

Default Polasek Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'm willing to be convinced that I'm wrong, but the data just isn't supporting that the MVFC is down at all.

Most playoff wins by a conference in the playoffs by year (7 or more). As you can see, the MVFC is likely to tie the all-time most playoff wins in a single year by a conference:

2014 MVFC 10
    2023 MVFC 9
    2021 MVFC 8
    2015 MVFC 8
    2016 CAA 8
    2017 MVFC 8
    2019 MVFC 8
    2004 A10-S 8
    2008 CAA 8
    2009 CAA 8
    1990 Ind 7
    1991 Ind 7
    2018 MVFC 7
    2016 MVFC 7
    2022 MVFC 7
    Does this really tell the story of the MVFC being up or down?

In those years NDSU had 4 of the wins themselves and last year and now this year the bunnies will have 4 by themselves.

I guess what I’m saying is that a conference can be too heavy and still have the most wins in the playoffs. It only takes 1 dominate team and 1 or 2 good teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Based on what though?

The Big Sky won 3 games against P5 teams between the start of DI-AA (1978) to 2005. That's 28 seasons. They've beat 3 P5 teams in the last THREE seasons alone (Stanford, Washington, and Arizona.) It kind of seems like that the Big Sky is better than it's ever been.

It seems to me like the gap between the FCS and FBS is narrowing, and that's why the P5 is so suddenly interested in making the P5 into a pro league.

I'll grant you that the SoCon and CAA are down, of course, but it takes a little while to bounce back from losing great programs.
    Yeah, That's why the P5 is doing what they are doing....
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Nice to see him wear a different suit eh. Dress the part
    I got nothing else eh.

Lardsin must go!

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Wait until Tuesday boys
    It's Wednesday

Tim has done a great job so far. The fans and people who have been following the Bison for years know he is the epitome of Bison football and a great fit.

But the players probably don't know him since they were in elementary school when he was here

I bet they end up really liking him.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Tim has done a great job so far. The fans and people who have been following the Bison for years know he is the epitome of Bison football and a great fit.
    But the players probably don't know him since they were in elementary school when he was here
    I bet they end up really liking him.
    I bet you’re right!