Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Polasek Thoughts

Default Re: Polasek Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Whoever the next HC is, they will have to deal with the NIL and portal issues on a level that has never been seen before.

Who is best to handle that? Who is willing to grab guys in the portal when the guys we develop become studs and leave for FBS?

And, those guys that they do grab....will they understand the Bison way? Understand the culture?

Perhaps having a "culture" is a thing of the past now with portal and NIL...could very well be the case.

So, can they adapt to that?

Lot's of unknowns for the future with the NIL and easy portal transfers now.

Moving to FBS won't solve these issues, as NDSU will never have the NIL money available to keep studs, thats just the way it is going to be.

No easy answer on who to hire, other than they better be able to get in a recruits house and convince them why NDSU is a great program to develop them...and IF they turn into studs, that HC better understand and be honest that they know the kid may transfer if better opportunities present themselves...but stage it in a way that NDSU will develop them to become that stud who gets FBS offers for 100k+
    One of your best posts.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Not sure why you're so upset about it, happens all the time on here lol
    Rational are not us!!
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    One of your best posts.
    One of them?

So you're saying I have better ones?

One of them?

So you're saying I have better ones?
    A great point. This is the only one I can remember that is any good at all really. Just giving you the benefit of the doubt that there are likely others.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I just read 2 pages of some folks not sure it was Polasek? Id encourage folks to go back a few pages.....

Whoever the next HC is, they will have to deal with the NIL and portal issues on a level that has never been seen before.

Who is best to handle that? Who is willing to grab guys in the portal when the guys we develop become studs and leave for FBS?

And, those guys that they do grab....will they understand the Bison way? Understand the culture?

Perhaps having a "culture" is a thing of the past now with portal and NIL...could very well be the case.

Moving to FBS won't solve these issues, as NDSU will never have the NIL money available to keep studs, thats just the way it is going to be.

No easy answer on who to hire, other than they better be able to get in a recruits house and convince them why NDSU is a great program to develop them...and IF they turn into studs, that HC better understand and be honest that they know the kid may transfer if better opportunities present themselves...but stage it in a way that NDSU will develop them to become that stud who gets FBS offers for 100k+
    That’s a great post. I agree the portal is the biggest thing imo right now and I don’t think we have done a good job using it ourselves. We have had plenty of needs and haven’t used it to address them. Unfortunately these big schools use us as a minor league system and steal the best players we develop. We also need to find talented kids who can come in and fill those positions we get poached from to minimize the drop off.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Polasek Offense:

2022 stats: 20.75 ppg, 187.8 rushing ypg, 127.8 passing ypg
    2023 stats: 26.3 ppg, 157.5 rushing ypg, 167.3 passing ypg

I'm not understanding what some people see in him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    That’s a great post. I agree the portal is the biggest thing imo right now and I don’t think we have done a good job using it ourselves. We have had plenty of needs and haven’t used it to address them. Unfortunately these big schools use us as a minor league system and steal the best players we develop. We also need to find talented kids who can come in and fill those positions we get poached from to minimize the drop off.
    Yes we will be a minor league system for FBS, BUT we can do the same on the FCS level (or even top D2 players)

If you play for a shit FCS team and are really good, NDSU can easily grab you and say, come play for a top team with great support, and maybe even get paid 10k...worse case scenario, you don't get any NIL from us, but we will develop you and get eyeballs on your talent.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well said.

On a positive note, I think our turnover rate will likely be lower than it is for a lot of FBS teams. We’ll probably lose our top 5 or 6 many years, but probably not 20-30+ Some FBS teams are doing full roster rebuilds, almost down to the 2 deep.

If we can keep 75% of our players, that still allows the culture to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Polasek Offense:

2022 stats: 20.75 ppg, 187.8 rushing ypg, 127.8 passing ypg
    2023 stats: 26.3 ppg, 157.5 rushing ypg, 167.3 passing ypg

I'm not understanding what some people see in him?
    With all do respect, that isn’t the complete picture and I know you know that. It takes players on the field to execute. With that said, I didn’t watch a snap of Wyoming football the last couple seasons so I have no idea what the talent level is.