Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Polasek Thoughts

Default Re: Polasek Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Any chance Polasek goes to OC at KSU?
    Klieman said these couple weeks leading up the bowl game and the bowl game is a try out for our friend Connor Riley to be the next OC. Man I miss Connor Riley as the OL coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There is a theme of we shouldn’t hire “X” coach because he lost a certain game once as a certain position in the past.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hearing stories from players that were around when Polosek was a position coach…..I hope he has developed in how he handles player discipline off the field or any of the on field discipline issues aren’t going away. Accountability is not his thing which makes him a big nope burger for me and many others.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HillsboroBison View Post
    Klieman said these couple weeks leading up the bowl game and the bowl game is a try out for our friend Connor Riley to be the next OC. Man I miss Connor Riley as the OL coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Props to Klieman for being transparent about all that. Would seem a little stressful, but their team knows what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I think that Mt "lossed" had around a 35 pt offensive output....kinda hard to put that one on the offense. Edit....went back and looked. Mt had 430 yds passing that day.
    I know it was Bobs Titts first game too but we still lost it when we had the ball at the end and could have ran the clock out if the offense stays on the field. Just sayin.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    He also lossed to the Griz in MT with an NFL calber QB. Not to mention the yotes at home that year too. Huh just like this season............minus the NFL QB for Roehl
    But pounded them later that year in the playoffs with a freshman QB

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I know it was Bobs Titts first game too but we still lost it when we had the ball at the end and could have ran the clock out if the offense stays on the field. Just sayin.....
    Really? Picking out a single possession in a game 8 yrs ago in which the offense had 35 pts and 450 yards. But you're gonna point to that? Did their D possibly make a couple of big plays that series?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Hearing stories from players that were around when Polosek was a position coach…..I hope he has developed in how he handles player discipline off the field or any of the on field discipline issues aren’t going away. Accountability is not his thing which makes him a big nope burger for me and many others.
    Position coaches dont handle off the field issues. That's the head coach

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Really? Picking out a single possession in a game 8 yrs ago in which the offense had 35 pts and 450 yards. But you're gonna point to that? Did their D possibly make a couple of big plays that series?
    Not sure why you're so upset about it, happens all the time on here lol

Whoever the next HC is, they will have to deal with the NIL and portal issues on a level that has never been seen before.

Who is best to handle that? Who is willing to grab guys in the portal when the guys we develop become studs and leave for FBS?

And, those guys that they do grab....will they understand the Bison way? Understand the culture?

Perhaps having a "culture" is a thing of the past now with portal and NIL...could very well be the case.

So, can they adapt to that?

Lot's of unknowns for the future with the NIL and easy portal transfers now.

Moving to FBS won't solve these issues, as NDSU will never have the NIL money available to keep studs, thats just the way it is going to be.

No easy answer on who to hire, other than they better be able to get in a recruits house and convince them why NDSU is a great program to develop them...and IF they turn into studs, that HC better understand and be honest that they know the kid may transfer if better opportunities present themselves...but stage it in a way that NDSU will develop them to become that stud who gets FBS offers for 100k+