Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Polasek Thoughts

Default Re: Polasek Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The JMU loss was Dec 16, 2016. He left for Iowa 2 months later on February 13. Don't talk out of your ass

Why would we want a coach who blew a game today knowing he is in the running for head coach? Polasek didnt throw anything. He had a bad game 7 years ago. I'm confident he has grown since then spending years with Kirk Ferentz at Iowa and coaching in the Mountain West with Craig Bohl
    I agree with you but just wanted to point out that Ferentz isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement for offense.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The JMU loss was Dec 16, 2016. He left for Iowa 2 months later on February 13. Don't talk out of your ass

Why would we want a coach who blew a game today knowing he is in the running for head coach? Polasek didnt throw anything. He had a bad game 7 years ago. I'm confident he has grown since then spending years with Kirk Ferentz at Iowa and coaching in the Mountain West with Craig Bohl
    The JMU game was one of the worst called games I have ever seen. Nightmarish. I didn't say hire Roehl. I don't want either Polasek or Roehl. Tell me what Polasek has done to get your vote for HC because Im all ears. Kirk Ferentz offense? They are last in the FBS. Dead last. And I'm the one talking out of my ass? Lol please.

If it's Polasek so be it - would've preferred Roehl but I can see the advantages Polasek has. I hope he's able to retain Roehl as OC for at least a year to help keep some of the other current coaches which will help keep the current players and commits. He needs to retain at least one of the QBs or it's going to get real interesting (not in a good way) in 2024.

If Larsen is out the door soon after this as is speculated it's not nearly as risky of a hire as it would be if he was planning to stick around. This could go down as a very shrewd move or it could go down as a self-inflicted end of the most dominant run in the modern college football era.... I hope it's the former.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    The JMU game was one of the worst called games I have ever seen. Nightmarish. I didn't say hire Roehl. I don't want either Polasek or Roehl. Tell me what Polasek has done to get your vote for HC because Im all ears. Kirk Ferentz offense? They are last in the FBS. Dead last. And I'm the one talking out of my ass? Lol please.
    Who do you want?

The other rumored candidates are even worse. Polasek has more experience than last time he was here.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I hope Polasek comes in with an iron fist bro. A lot of things to fix from culture to playbook.
    I have never, ever seen the man smile. That is a really good sign for me.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The JMU loss was Dec 16, 2016. He left for Iowa 2 months later on February 13. Don't talk out of your ass or reinvent history

Polasek didnt throw anything. He had a bad game 7 years ago. I'm confident he has grown since then spending years with Kirk Ferentz at Iowa and coaching in the Mountain West with Craig Bohl

To play devils advovate. Why would we want a coach who blew a game today knowing he is in the running for head coach? Was this Roehl at his best? I think Tyler would be a good head coach, actually but Polasek is better
    Did Roehl know he was in the running or know he was out of the running? He won’t be sticking around. Booster dollars got what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I have never, ever seen the man smile. That is a really good sign for me.
    Sarcasm? I have a hard time believing the generation we are recruiting wants to live in a dictatorship. Klieman was intense but with personality. I realize he is a once in a generation type coach here, but that's also why he is the gold standard we should be looking for.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Not to defend Polasek in that JMU game here because I have my own frustrations from it, but........ JMU's defense was a really good matchup for our offense that year. Sophomore Easton Stick wasn't an elite thrower and we didn't have any dynamic weapons on the outside, which allowed the Ducks and their excellent DB's to play WR's man to man with no help and load the box to stop the run. What is inexcusable to me from that game was the inability to run any kind of hurry up offense in the 4th quarter (just like the USD game in the regular season). People love to crap on TP and his playcalling that game (a lot of it justified) but his offense scored the same amount of points against JMU that Messingham's offense scored the following year and Mess is almost universally loved by Bison fans.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Sarcasm? I have a hard time believing the generation we are recruiting wants to live in a dictatorship. Klieman was intense but with personality. I realize he is a once in a generation type coach here, but that's also why he is the gold standard we should be looking for.
    Who said anything about a dictatorship? I don't equate a nonsmiling coach with that but I do equate it with a no-nonsense coach. Bohl did not smile much either. I rarely see Kramer smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Did Roehl know he was in the running or know he was out of the running? He won’t be sticking around. Booster dollars got what they wanted.
    Don't know but boosters are actually smarter than given credit for. The common denominator for 2020, 2022, and 2023 season was Matt Entz and Tyler Roehl. Matt recruits. Tyler calls the plays. And yes, we made it far 2 of the 3 years but in a weak FCS

We dont know if Tyler is gone, but a P5 job would help him grow and advance his career. He is in a similar boat to Polasek 7 years ago

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com