Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Polasek Thoughts

Default Re: Polasek Thoughts

I have to say, so far, they are doing well in roster management. Let's give a little credit where due on this, the assistant coaches. Clearly these guys were professionals in holding the class together in a tricky situation. They only lost one guy, so far, that maybe they hold on to. Further, Jay's work with the collective must be working when you look at the transfer portal. Now, we are not completely out of the woods as I'd think now teams have a really good feel for where they could still use some help, but I sure like where we are sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I have to say, so far, they are doing well in roster management. Let's give a little credit where due on this, the assistant coaches. Clearly these guys were professionals in holding the class together in a tricky situation. They only lost one guy, so far, that maybe they hold on to. Further, Jay's work with the collective must be working when you look at the transfer portal. Now, we are not completely out of the woods as I'd think now teams have a really good feel for where they could still use some help, but I sure like where we are sitting.
    Absolutely... portals not closed yet, but so far Polasek, the current staff, and the Green & Gold are doing an excellent job landing and holding together the roster and recruits under what has to be THE most challenging period in NDSU history since moving to Division 1. Semifinal Loss, Coaching change, Portal and NIL changes.... everything together all at once this year but seems the efforts of all involved are paying off. There is hard work from many behind those results.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I've watched more Tim Polasek the last 2 days then I have Entz in the last 2 years! Little pep in my step again eh!

Lardsin must go!

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I've watched more Tim Polasek the last 2 days then I have Entz in the last 2 years! Little pep in my step again eh!
    Same here. I like how Polasek is able to engage well with the press, engage with Ean and give him lots of credit, have a sense of humor, some poignant comments (mainly regarding his wife but also love for the NDSU program). Great memory, too. Kind of fun to hear him talk of a few walks down memory lane with particular games and so forth. So a long history with NDSU plus being with Craig Bohl at Wyoming extends the connection. I know there will be some tough times ahead and Polasek knows that too but I feel pretty confident that we will do better next year.

Most importantly Polasek seemed DETERMINED to keep the kids he has but also look for others when he can. I like the term "Roster Management" too.

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

And that Ean is really impressive, articulate, and knows his stuff big time. And kind of GQ-worthy!