Page 94 of 103 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Just a hypothetical, unless they have some coveted guy in the wings, would Roehl entertain taking the Murray State job at all? Just for discussion.
    He started following the AD on Twitter/X yesterday.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Interesting.
    While that move could propel his career, I hope he realizes it could also be a setback. He's in a winning organization, seems better opportunities are out there than Murray freaking State.

There is a group of former players at Murray that are on board with making them competitive in the MVFC. They traveled to all the away games to see what others were doing. ( on a side note the USD folks told them to be sure to tailgate with us). There is money there and they have upped their fund raising. The administration seems on board, but remember, above all it’s a basketball school.
    Roehl certainly should look into it.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    There is a group of former players at Murray that are on board with making them competitive in the MVFC. They traveled to all the away games to see what others were doing. ( on a side note the USD folks told them to be sure to tailgate with us). There is money there and they have upped their fund raising. The administration seems on board, but remember, above all it’s a basketball school.
    Roehl certainly should look into it.
    There's a certain QB he could potentially bring with him...

Yes, there is. But I doubt they are prepared to give him what he thinks he should get.
    The bones are there but they aren’t there yet.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Do you think either one of them would leave NDSU for the Racers? Maybe in 5-10 years when/if they become sometihng... Why would you leave and have less eyeballs on you then now?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Do you think either one of them would leave NDSU for the Racers? Maybe in 5-10 years when/if they become sometihng... Why would you leave and have less eyeballs on you then now?
    Same reason Kyle McCord is going from Ohio State to Syracuse...to play.
    College of Business Alumnus

From Kolpack's article this afternoon

New guy Tim Polasek made just one coaching adjustment in elevating Grant Olson from linebackers coach to defensive coordinator, taking the place of Jason Petrino who was not renewed. Otherwise, the offensive staff is intact and, yes, that includes offensive coordinator Tyler Roehl.

“We’re set,” Polasek said Tuesday.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think that's probably a true statement... meaning he hasn't simply quit. But I think if other opportunities arise...

Just a hypothetical, unless they have some coveted guy in the wings, would Roehl entertain taking the Murray State job at all? Just for discussion.
    Basketball school that looks at football as a sport that takes away from basketball resources. The only reason they are here is because Patty V did them a favor so they could land their basketball team.

Doubt Cam wants to play 1 year for a bad team with no money that is rebuilding and learning a new system. If he does, he should check into lthe looney bin. He would go much bigger if he left

Last 3 QBs have been drafted and Trey played ONE YEAR
    Last edited by HerdBot; 01-02-2024 at 09:26 PM. Reason: I forgot Trey Lance was drafted playing 1 year

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com