Page 33 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

OK. Since none of the rest of you bothered or at least failed to share, I asked ChatGPT for a short list. (Assuming data still stops at 2021)

ChatGPT Here are a few potential candidates who might be a good fit for the head football coach position at North Dakota State University:

1. Beau Baldwin: Currently the head coach at Cal Poly, Baldwin has experience in both coaching and player development. He's known for his offensive strategies and has a successful track record.
    2. Bobby Petrino: With extensive coaching experience at various levels, including head coaching positions at Louisville and Arkansas, Petrino has a strong background in football strategy and leadership.
    3. Craig Bohl: Bohl previously coached at NDSU, leading the team to multiple FCS national championships before moving to Wyoming. His familiarity with the university's culture and past success could make him a strong candidate.
    4. Brent Vigen: Currently the head coach at Montana State, Vigen was the offensive coordinator at NDSU during their championship runs. He might be considered due to his ties to the program and his coaching successes.
    5. Ed McCaffrey: Known for his NFL career, McCaffrey has transitioned into coaching and is currently the head coach at Northern Colorado. He brings a strong football background and could bring fresh perspectives to the program.

These suggestions are based on coaching experience, success in developing teams, and, in some cases, prior connections to NDSU or similar programs. Of course, the university's specific needs, team dynamics, and coaching philosophies will play significant roles in determining the best fit for the head coaching position.

Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    To me, moving parts means it isn't Roehl.
    Bingo.....internal hires are pretty simple. I think Matt was hired like 3 days after Coach K announced.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Bingo.....internal hires are pretty simple. I think Matt was hired like 3 days after Coach K announced.
    But Klieman took 7 days…

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As of my last update in January 2022, I don't have specific details on the current coaching landscape or potential candidates for the North Dakota State University (NDSU) football head coach position. Coaching situations can change, and new candidates may emerge over time.
    For the most accurate and up-to-date information, I recommend checking recent news sources, official announcements from NDSU or the athletic department, and reputable sports websites that cover college football. They are likely to provide the latest insights into potential candidates for the head coaching position at NDSU.
    That is way better than what I got for Chat GPT

Quote Originally Posted by Strategery View Post
    But Klieman took 7 days…
    Timelines with recruiting and NIL make that basically impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Timelines with recruiting and NIL make that basically impossible.
    But that would be the same whether the hire was internal or external, no?

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is there any chance they are trying to hire Polasek while keeping Roehl as OC? I mean they worked together on Klieman's staff. Polasek was OC and Roehl was TE/FB coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategery View Post
    But that would be the same whether the hire was internal or external, no?
    I doubt you can get an external done in 3 days; some kind of emergency waivers are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Is there any chance they are trying to hire Polasek while keeping Roehl as OC? I mean they worked together on Klieman's staff. Polasek was OC and Roehl was TE/FB coach.
    You'd think at that point, Roehl would realize he may have to leave to gather experience if he ever wants the HC job here. My concern with them working together would be the defense.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    omg I would hope not. worst of everything... keep Roehl as OC and Polasek as HC? yikes.