Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Roehl cost us the first USD game.

That said, he has been very good the last 5-6 games of the season. I’m no longer worried about Offensive playcalling, it is one of our strengths as long as the trend continues. Overall I’d like to see more plays under center and more handoffs to RBs than QB runs… I think we *could* be even better with some improvements, but I will eat crow, happily, and agree with you that he has really turned it around this year.
    Seriously? Good grief....

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I must admit I'm a little fuzzy on that first USD game. And so, I must ask, was it Tyler's offense that surrendered those 21 points before half?
    No, but to Heff's point, our offense didn't adjust in-game to speed up our possessions to try to catch up. Defense adjusted better to the 2nd half.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

For all you haters out there. If Tyler isn't the head coach here he's going to end up somewhere else coaching eh. I absolutely love his coaching tree.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    No, but to Heff's point, our offense didn't adjust in-game to speed up our possessions to try to catch up. Defense adjusted better to the 2nd half.
    Yes I get what he was implying but, is this team built for that? Does anyone remember a successful hurry up type game deployed by NDSU outside of the 2014 natty? I can't recall any others.

Sure the defense performed better in half two but the horses had already left the barn. And since NDSU only had six total possessions I would guess the defense still didn't perform well enough getting USD off the field in the 2nd.

This is not meant to be a Tyler defense. I harbor a belief that if an NDSU team surrenders 18 or more they most likely lose. That's not based on data analysis but just my gut, which is just about worthless of course.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Can we seriously stop with this “Tyler Roehl is not a good OC” crap? People complain about his play calling. Well, the numbers don’t lie. As the OC, he has lead teams to a 60-10 record, with 3 trips to Frisco, and 2 national championships. And correct me if I am wrong, but I think he has lead a team this year to another semifinal! He is ready. Give him his chance. Im on board the Diesel Train!!!
    I think we lose a lot in not having Roehl as our new head man. Our culture and play as we know it and, in the past, will be lost to a new culture and attitude. We need continuity and history biult into our next man.

Yes I get what he was implying but, is this team built for that? Does anyone remember a successful hurry up type game deployed by NDSU outside of the 2014 natty? I can't recall any others.

Sure the defense performed better in half two but the horses had already left the barn. And since NDSU only had six total possessions I would guess the defense still didn't perform well enough getting USD off the field in the 2nd.

This is not meant to be a Tyler defense. I harbor a belief that if an NDSU team surrenders 18 or more they most likely lose. That's not based on data analysis but just my gut, which is just about worthless of course.
    Well, our offense has proven we can outscore teams by using a more vertical passing game. We just didn't unleash the beast until after taking a couple losses.

Also, it's the coaches jobs to make adjustments. Roehl and Entz didn't make the required offensive adjustments in that game.

I'm not saying Roehl cost us that game, but he certainly didn't help bailing out the defense from their poor 1st half.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Bison football is tradition. Bison football is a program not just a team. Bison football has always been successful because throughout every coaching change, it has retained elements of the tradition and the program. How else do you explain pure football domination across two levels of football, against FBS competition, and for more than 6 decades? The explanation is simple, keep the foundation of tradition and the program with every coaching change.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Well, our offense has proven we can outscore teams by using a more vertical passing game. We just didn't unleash the beast until after taking a couple losses.

Also, it's the coaches jobs to make adjustments. Roehl and Entz didn't make the required offensive adjustments in that game.

I'm not saying Roehl cost us that game, but he certainly didn't help bailing out the defense from their poor 1st half.
    My brain has done its thing and essentially erased that very bad memory so I do not recall much detail from that game. I'll agree though that NDSU did not play so-called complementary football on that day. To me though if any group gets to own more or less of the deficit then the award goes to the defense.

heff doesn't like the play calling, I don't like the missed tackles and poor fitting. I guess we can both be right. Or wrong-ish.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Personally, I just can’t wait to say Roehl Herd all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giving up 18+ certainly doesn't help.

NDSU since the start of the 1965 season:

433-29 when holding opponents to 18 or under.
    131-112-1 when giving up more than 18

With Roehl at OC, NDSU is 44-0 when the team holds the opponent to 18 or under, 16-10 when not. In DI, NDSU is 168-8 and 57-37-1.

NDSU is top 3 nationally in 3rd down conversions, completion percentage, first downs, fewest interceptions, red zone offense, passing efficiency, turnover margin, and scoring offense. NDSU is also #4 in rushing yardage, #5 in time of possession, #7 in total offense. The only stat that NDSU isn't near the top in is passing offense (#67.)

But defense wins games and championships.