Page 93 of 103 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I think going from an FCS OC to a B1G OC with no other real experience is a pretty big jump. I could (and probably will) be wrong, but I think TR would need a bit more experience to make that jump. I hope he stays, I'd like to see if ME had his hands in the direction of the play calling. I think going back to more of a power running game featuring more of our RBs would be a good thing. Also, to sound like a broken record, I really think using real game reps in the OOC and games that are out of hand would go a long way in prepping the team for situations later in the year (i.e. 2-minute offense and QB/WR connections).

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    But, isn't this exactly what David Braun did on the defensive side?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Yep......same comment a friend made to me when I said that.

I think going from an FCS OC to a B1G OC with no other real experience is a pretty big jump. I could (and probably will) be wrong, but I think TR would need a bit more experience to make that jump. I hope he stays, I'd like to see if ME had his hands in the direction of the play calling. I think going back to more of a power running game featuring more of our RBs would be a good thing. Also, to sound like a broken record, I really think using real game reps in the OOC and games that are out of hand would go a long way in prepping the team for situations later in the year (i.e. 2-minute offense and QB/WR connections).

So a DC can make that jump but an OC can't? Very interesting!

Oops - didn't realize there was another page.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Every day we aren’t losing players coaches or recruits is a good day for me. Not that I know anything but I’d be fine with them taking their time and waiting until after the portal closes.
    As my favorite professor used to say in certain. programming classes. “No news is good news”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Don't forget half back pass in OT situations...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Braun had stops at Winona State, something called Stockton, UC Davis and UNI. TR has been at (checks notes) Concordia and MHS. DBs resume isn't significantly longer but he has had more of an opportunity to network. I also think it's a reason why he would want to surround himself with people with more experience. But again, I'll probably be wrong

Just a hypothetical, unless they have some coveted guy in the wings, would Roehl entertain taking the Murray State job at all? Just for discussion.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Just a hypothetical, unless they have some coveted guy in the wings, would Roehl entertain taking the Murray State job at all? Just for discussion.
    I think a move like that only works if there is potential to produce substantial program improvement. Does that potential exist in the Murray State system and with it's backers?

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    I think a move like that only works if there is potential to produce substantial program improvement. Does that potential exist in the Murray State system and with it's backers?
    And against MVFC competition every week?

I doubt it. Not in the near term.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    And against MVFC competition every week?

I doubt it. Not in the near term.
    Yeah, talk about swinging for the fence!