Page 7 of 103 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    He inherited a team loaded with 26 year olds. They are loaded! To his credit. Small sample size. I like the guy. I just don't see this comparision.
    tyler would be inherting the same right? ... right??? RIGHT????

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    We have only been successful hiring DC's as HC's, so I propose we continue the momentum by hiring a DC to be an HC, or hire an HC to be an HC. Hiring on OC rather and a DC to be an HC seems like one of those reverse time continuum things and may blow up the flux capacitor. Once your flux capacitor is shot, you are e'ffed.
    I do believe Don Morton was the last True Offensive coach hired as HC. Although, Bob Babich coached both sides of the ball, but was coaching defensive before being hired by NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    He inherited a team loaded with 26 year olds. They are loaded! To his credit. Small sample size. I like the guy. I just don't see this comparision.
    I am responding to people saying Roehl hasn't moved around enough to have the required network of coaches.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

When the Bison double rep practices do the coordinators each run one of the practices?

I always thought I had heard that the double rep practices not only develop younger players but it helps develop coaches for future head coach opportunities.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

Well, Matt finally gave me a call. He was using code, of course, in case the phone was bugged, but I knew what he was asking about with the "extended car warranty" talk (duh.)

I told him that the mongoose is in the breadbox so you know where I stand.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Let's clear up why I don't think Roehl is ready for primetime. I don't mind the occasional QB R/O from shotgun, I don't mind the occasional QB power from shotgun, I do hate seeing back to back to back, etc, QB runs because as an OC you've run out of ideas and don't trust anything else to work. That's one of the major problems I see with TR, he can't think on his feet when something isn't working and goes back to QB draw over and over, IMO he's shown he's incapable of making in game adjustments. Constantly substituting RBs is another major flaw, TW should have been getting pounded this year to wear down teams, he needs carries to be at his best and instead we're running in TKM, BK and RN in power situations when they are better change of pace guys. I'd also like to see a breakdown of how many times we actually snapped the ball under center this season, if I had to pick a number I'd say less than 1/4 of our snaps and that's definitely not Bison football.
    if roehl put up these type numbers at a FBS school hed be on the short-list for any HC job in america what did i hear first time SU's put up 30+ in 5 straight game since the 1800's? this is the biggest no-brainer ive ever seen

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Let's fuckin Roehl!!!!!!!

Lardsin must go!

Two months ago people were calling for TR to be replaced. Now there is a thread calling for him to be our HC? Ask BV if he is at least interested and if so start there, he is doing a great job at Mt State playing what use to be Bison football. No downside to BV coming in as he could do it with little if any turnover. Remember, two months ago people were complaining that Our whole team was done for coaching staff and players, not just TR so some new blood at the coaching staff could be just what is needed, back to the old ways.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

does anyone know what the timeframe is to hire a new coach?

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Roehlin', Roehlin', Roehlin'

Keep Roehlin', Roehlin', Roehlin'
    The trophy case is swollen
    Keep them Bison Roehlin', rawhide