Page 43 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    Jimmy Rogers is about to win a national championship at SDSU according to every FCS media member and he played at SDSU and has only coached at SDSU. That national championship will be better on his resume than being a defensive coordinator at Wyoming.
    To who? Entz would like a word lol.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Well Larsen kind of leaves Roehl no choice if he interviews him for the head job and then hires someone else. Because he's basically saying you can't get any higher as long as you're here. I've seen a few comments that Roehl and Polasek are basically the same coach but Polasek has more experience. Well, Polasek left NDSU twice now to pursue better jobs so it's not outrageous to think Roehl would do the same.

I think best case scenario if the external hire is made is that Roehl agrees to stay on at least for one more year but I'd assume he'd be shopping himself hard looking for another opportunity because he's essentially been told he can't be the head coach at NDSU unless he gets experience elsewhere first so, unless being the OC at NDSU satisfies him, he'll need to find somewhere else to help him move up that ladder.
    Very logical, seems we'll be looking for a new OC either way before long.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    To who? Entz would like a word lol.
    Now its your mic drop!
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Well Larsen kind of leaves Roehl no choice if he interviews him for the head job and then hires someone else. Because he's basically saying you can't get any higher as long as you're here. I've seen a few comments that Roehl and Polasek are basically the same coach but Polasek has more experience. Well, Polasek left NDSU twice now to pursue better jobs so it's not outrageous to think Roehl would do the same.

I think best case scenario if the external hire is made is that Roehl agrees to stay on at least for one more year but I'd assume he'd be shopping himself hard looking for another opportunity because he's essentially been told he can't be the head coach at NDSU unless he gets experience elsewhere first so, unless being the OC at NDSU satisfies him, he'll need to find somewhere else to help him move up that ladder.
    I don't disagree with any of that but maybe the conversation is simply about needing more years under his belt. Polasek has 7-8 years on Roehl after all.

Polarsek would be the best hire that we could wish for who am has some connection to NDSU. Roehl would be fine too but Tim is the best one out there that we could hire right now. Vigen too but only thing holding him getting the job is the willingness to leave MSU

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Polarsek would be the best hire that we could wish for who am has some connection to NDSU. Roehl would be fine too but Tim is the best one out there that we could hire right now. Vigen too but only thing holding him getting the job is the willingness to leave MSU
    Why is polasek our best hire?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Why is polasek our best hire?
    Arguments could be made either way, but Polasek has more experience, and has worked under Bohl at a fbs program now.

Seems to check a lot of boxes. Now that Bohl retired, he may be available if the new Coach Jay Sawvel wants to bring "his guys" to wyoming.
    Interestingly Sawvel is making less than Bohl was.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Arguments could be made either way, but Polasek has more experience, and has worked under Bohl at a fbs program now.

Seems to check a lot of boxes. Now that Bohl retired, he may be available if the new Coach Jay Sawvel wants to bring "his guys" to wyoming.
    Interestingly Sawvel is making less than Bohl was.
    If people didn't like Entz just wait until Polasek gets hired lol get the popcorn ready

Remember living through Bohl leaving?
    Missing files. Tampering with recruits trying to flip them though it was against the contract? Tension deluxe.
    Good times. We could do that again
    When ESPN talks about the players taking the team on their shoulders and not letting the turmoil get to them, you might want to ask who was involved in that mess
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fuck it. Let's go after Jimbo Fischer

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk