Page 18 of 103 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Picking a coach because the players want him is a bad idea. As others have said, you need the best coach for the program, not for the kid that will be gone in 12 months.
    Well if you're Matt Larsen and you're making a decision without soliciting the feedback of players both past and present you could be out of a job (maybe not in 12 months but maybe not that much longer either) if you're wrong.

He can hire someone other than Roehl if he wants he just can't afford to be wrong about that hire. Whereas if he hires Roehl and he flounders then Larsen can look to clean house with an external hire.

I have not been a fan of Roehl's play calling (although acknowledge he may have been over ruled by Entz in offensive creativity, or specific plays to use in some situations). Given Roehl's success as a player and time as a coach within the program he appears to be the heir apparent. I agree with the players and most everyone at Bisonville that promoting Roehl to Head Coach is the best move at this time and in these circumstances. I just hope Matt Larsen is smart enough to realize this, and will not be pursuing an outside hire. Not sure if I have seen it posted here, but are we 100% sure Roehl wants to be Head Coach? That brings me to another question: What about pay and benefits? Is Roehl working with ML to get a better package given all the hassles of being Head Coach at NDSU in addition to relatively new NIL and transfer portal issues? Maybe this is why it's taking more time to announce? Also, possibly Roehl and/or Larsen wants the new OC decided at the same time and that is being worked on and causing delays? Can't believe I am typing this, but count me in, Roehl Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Well if you're Matt Larsen and you're making a decision without soliciting the feedback of players both past and present you could be out of a job (maybe not in 12 months but maybe not that much longer wither) if you're wrong.

He can hire someone other than Roehl if he wants he just can't afford to be wrong about that hire. Whereas if he hires Roehl and he flounders then Larsen can look to clean house with an external hire.
    Obviously. The players opinion would be what we call a "data point" in the decision. People hate change, especially young kids, so I would highly doubt they would advocate for someone else. Players leave during coaching changes for many reasons.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

If you have not watched that Matt Entz presser from yesterday - watch it. Starting right here: https://youtu.be/Ol7wOObmkLU?t=1333

I think that tells you what you need to know.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I have not been a fan of Roehl's play calling (although acknowledge he may have been over ruled by Entz in offensive creativity, or specific plays to use in some situations). Given Roehl's success as a player and time as a coach within the program he appears to be the heir apparent. I agree with the players and most everyone at Bisonville that promoting Roehl to Head Coach is the best move at this time and in these circumstances. I just hope Matt Larsen is smart enough to realize this, and will not be pursuing an outside hire. Not sure if I have seen it posted here, but are we 100% sure Roehl wants to be Head Coach? That brings me to another question: What about pay and benefits? Is Roehl working with ML to get a better package given all the hassles of being Head Coach at NDSU in addition to relatively new NIL and transfer portal issues? Maybe this is why it's taking more time to announce? Also, possibly Roehl and/or Larsen wants the new OC decided at the same time and that is being worked on and causing delays? Can't believe I am typing this, but count me in, Roehl Herd!
    Rumor is that Tyler retained Kevin to negotiate the employment contract but that stubborn SOB is insisting on a bunch of that twelve man concept BS...

... and welcome aboard!
    Don't believe everything you think.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Roehl to HC. Makes sense for Beschorner to OC with the
    success he had at Mankato. Larson back to Running Backs
    and hire a former OL man for that position. easy pezy

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Nope the inmates can't run the asylum as they say. While having the support of the players is a credit to Roehl, it's not the be all end all of a coaching search. ML has to do the dirty work of finding the best candidates and making the best decision for the program not just based on what the current group of players say today. ML may or may not come to the conclusion that Roehl is that guy but it can't just be because he was here already and the players asked for him.
    Its not just the support of the current players...but also guys that have played here and won championships. Those are the guys that have been in the trenches with this coaching staff through all the shit. Good bad or indifferent. If they didnt think he had that "it" factor...they wouldnt be sticking their necks out.

And I would be willing to bet if you ask anyone who played with Tyler they would say the same thing .

He is Bison Pride.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    Roehl to HC. Makes sense for Beschorner to OC with the
    success he had at Mankato. Larson back to Running Backs
    and hire a former OL man for that position. easy pezy
    TIL: The last year Beschorner was at Mankato, they averaged 48ppg.

Messingham is out there too.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Rumor is that Tyler retained Kevin to negotiate the employment contract but that stubborn SOB is insisting on a bunch of that twelve man concept BS...

... and welcome aboard!
    Kevin, you will need to pop 2 Zyn to beat Larson in a negotiation.....take note. He read "Art of the Deal."

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Nope the inmates can't run the asylum as they say. While having the support of the players is a credit to Roehl, it's not the be all end all of a coaching search. ML has to do the dirty work of finding the best candidates and making the best decision for the program not just based on what the current group of players say today. ML may or may not come to the conclusion that Roehl is that guy but it can't just be because he was here already and the players asked for him.
    Cunningham from KNOX, that you?