Page 22 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

#roehlbison is the social media craze. This coaching staff has done a great job, although it's taken them longer than usual to understand their strengths and weaknesses. Overall TR has been a great OC since taking over duties. Most programs wish for our stats and rankings. The questions that need to be answered are

What is your plan for navigating the transfer portal both in and out ?How do you see the NIL affecting your roster? What do your connections look like when we loose coaches? What's your vision on moving to the next level?

TR bleeds green&gold, his intensity is not in question. His experience outside is. He's the best safe candidate we have. Can he take us to the AAC or whatever the next step-up will look like? His play calling is the least of our worries.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Sue are people....not mascots!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Roehl BiZon!!!!!
    He’s got my vote! Grant Olson to Defensive Coordinator would be icing on the cake!

And the Thundar Roehls!:

https://youtu.be/2KJ3mqS_a20?si=8dJcEhVfhVZc4Kab

https://www.thedickinsonpress.com/sp...d-came-to-town
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 12-13-2023 at 08:39 AM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

I feel like if we don't get an announcement by the end of today for Tyler, Larson is going to throw everyone a curveball and announce an outside hire later.

Just think today is the day.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I feel like if we don't get an announcement by the end of today for Tyler, Larson is going to throw everyone a curveball and announce an outside hire later.

Sam Herder shared this on Sunday: https://x.com/SamHerderFCS/status/1734058429507940700

Craig Bohl was named Wyoming’s HC on Dec. 8, 2013. Chris Klieman was elevated to NDSU HC on Dec. 15, 2013.

Klieman was named the K-State HC on Dec. 10, 2018. Matt Entz was elevated to NDSU HC on Dec. 13, 2018.

Entz was named the USC assistant HC/LBs coach on Dec. 10, 2023.
    So if it follows the same timeline as Larsen's last football coach hire today is the day.

EDIT: Important to note that there was no early signing day back in 2013. I'm guessing Taylor and Klieman had a handshake agreement before 12/15/13 but didn't want to distract from the playoff game on 12/14/13 so they waited until the day after to make it official.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 12-13-2023 at 11:41 AM.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    He’s got my vote! Grant Olson to Defensive Coordinator would be icing on the cake!

And the Thundar Roehls!:

https://youtu.be/2KJ3mqS_a20?si=8dJcEhVfhVZc4Kab

https://www.thedickinsonpress.com/sp...d-came-to-town
    ... but why?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Agree, today feels likely if it's TR.

Could also occur Thurs or Fri, but there's no benefit to waiting really, and at some point it feels disruptive for the game on Saturday.

From the Bison Report/247 article, based on Larsen's presser:

"Early signing day is next Wednesday, December 20, for college football, and getting a new head coach hired by then would be ideal but the hire will be made when the time is right.* “You’d love to have somebody named by then if you could,” Larsen said candidly. “I told the staff and the team yesterday it's about making the right hire and so whether that's by the 20th, whether it's by tomorrow, or whether it's by January 5th." "Whatever the timeline takes to get the right person will do but I think on the outset if we can get somebody here before then I think that eases a lot of issues for our current players or potential recruits and certainly staff.” Larsen met with the rest of the coaching staff on Sunday and shared some of his thoughts on the process with them. He said it would not surprise him if there were internal candidates that are interested but did not say or indicate anyone in particular. However, Larsen mentioned that he does have some unnamed candidates in mind that he’d like to have a conversation with from outside the program."

I'm not saying they need to make a knee-jerk decision today, but when one kid decommits to K-State yesterday and another commit is offered by them as well, we need to get some stability behind the wheel in hopes to keep some of these recruits. Unfortunately, the way I interpret Larsen's comments, is that they are going to explore all avenues and not rush into a decision....maybe I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbison View Post
    #roehlbison is the social media craze. This coaching staff has done a great job, although it's taken them longer than usual to understand their strengths and weaknesses. Overall TR has been a great OC since taking over duties. Most programs wish for our stats and rankings. The questions that need to be answered are

What is your plan for navigating the transfer portal both in and out ?How do you see the NIL affecting your roster? What do your connections look like when we loose coaches? What's your vision on moving to the next level?

TR bleeds green&gold, his intensity is not in question. His experience outside is. He's the best safe candidate we have. Can he take us to the AAC or whatever the next step-up will look like? His play calling is the least of our worries.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Selling the program should help with hiring coaches and giving them a jump up. If Larsen thinks Roehl is the guy, then he needs to be announced today. We are starting to lose some recruits.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    From the Bison Report/247 article, based on Larsen's presser:

"Early signing day is next Wednesday, December 20, for college football, and getting a new head coach hired by then would be ideal but the hire will be made when the time is right.* “You’d love to have somebody named by then if you could,” Larsen said candidly. "I told the staff and the team yesterday it's about making the right hire and so whether that's by the 20th, whether it's by tomorrow, or whether it's by January 5th." "Whatever the timeline takes to get the right person will do but I think on the outset if we can get somebody here before then I think that eases a lot of issues for our current players or potential recruits and certainly staff.” Larsen met with the rest of the coaching staff on Sunday and shared some of his thoughts on the process with them. He said it would not surprise him if there were internal candidates that are interested but did not say or indicate anyone in particular. However, Larsen mentioned that he does have some unnamed candidates in mind that he’d like to have a conversation with from outside the program."

I'm not saying they need to make a knee-jerk decision today, but when one kid decommits to K-State yesterday and another commit is offered by them as well, we need to get some stability behind the wheel in hopes to keep some of these recruits. Unfortunately, the way I interpret Larsen's comments, is that they are going to explore all avenues and not rush into a decision....maybe I'm wrong.
    I generally like ML, and respect talking to a few other candidates. But holy shit, if they wait until Jan 5, not sure we have a team. That can't be serious.

Even if it is Roehl (which I am fine/happy with), Larsen needs to interview at least 1 to 2 other people...which I think he is doing. This talk about timeline is smoke and mirrors. He gets the need to expedite things. These recruits offered by KState would not be influenced by us having a named coach...if they gonna go, then gonna go.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]