Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Default All Aboard Roehl as HC

Im in for Roehl as HC. Hiring a Vigen type may be too lengthy. The timeline isnt ideal with recruiting/portal/ and potentially making Frisco. Lets keep continuity. Being a successful HC is not the same as an OC and he has been a successful OC here anyways. Roehl has the qualities to be a good HC. He understands the success needed here. He can motivate, hes personable, he can continue bringing in the needed recruits. I'd imagine he would surround himself with an experienced OC.

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

It's only a matter of time, I'm guessing it'll be announced tomorrow or Wednesday.

I just threw up in my mouth a little... going from mediocre HCing to worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    I just threw up in my mouth a little... going from mediocre HCing to worse.
    You know this how?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Im in for Roehl as HC. Hiring a Vigen type may be too lengthy. The timeline isnt ideal with recruiting/portal/ and potentially making Frisco. Let's keep continuity. Being a successful HC is not the same as an OC and he has been a successful OC here anyways. Roehl has the qualities to be a good HC. He understands the success needed here. He can motivate, hes personable, he can continue bringing in the needed recruits. I'd imagine he would surround himself with an experienced OC.
    Agree completely. The single small concern I have about Tyler as HC is that I wonder how deep his network is at this point. But if at HC position he would gain more sunlight nationally and with trips to offseason conferences that network is bound to grow. In addition perhaps G&G can fund a standing search committee to be continuously vetting potential assistant staff candidates as background.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Our options aren't great right now. For continuity, it's probably the route we'll take. Roehl will have his work cut out getting good coaches due to his limited experience in other programs.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

I'm all in for hiring TR as HC. The evil that you know is better than the evil you don't know (if that helps).

Anyone who says TR should get the job because he "knows Bison Football" is delusional because since he's been OC we've moved about as far from Bison Football as we possibly could without going full Big Fluffy. I do get the continuity aspect but "well, he's already here so..." shouldn't be the sole consideration for a program of this stature. I guess the only positive I can see is that if he's HC at least he's probably not calling plays anymore...

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Anyone who says TR should get the job because he "knows Bison Football" is delusional because since he's been OC we've moved about as far from Bison Football as we possibly could without going full Big Fluffy. I do get the continuity aspect but "well, he's already here so..." shouldn't be the sole consideration for a program of this stature.
    In what way has he gone far from Bison Football? As OC and running the QB 15 times a game? I agree on that. Bison football to me is more on the Defensive side. More so in the lack of physicality and ability. HC doesn't call the plays so maybe that aspect will get back to the I formation and under center aspect. Roehl Is Green and Gold.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

We want Roehl! We want Roehl!