Page 9 of 103 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

How much “head coaching” is Xs and Os and how much is recruiting?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Did he (Tyler Roehl) not interview for a HC job at a D3 school last year and was not hired ?
    Have you ever accepted a “practice” interview for a position you didn’t want?

No. I suppose not. Eh.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Since when is ETSU D3?

Did he (Tyler Roehl) not interview for a HC job at a D3 school last year and was not hired ?
    No he didn't. I'm shocked you're wrong again........

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Knowing how the current AD operates, I will bet that Tyler Roehl will be the next HC. The current AD does not have the guts to do what Gene Taylor did, which is thinking.
    Did you know that Taylor looked to internal hires for Klieman and Saul Phillips?

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pride View Post
    Roehlin', Roehlin', Roehlin'

Keep Roehlin', Roehlin', Roehlin'
    The trophy case is swollen
    Keep them Bison Roehlin', rawhide
    Cleverest post all week. Used to watch Rawhide as a kid. :biggrin

Or maybe Clint Eastwood, I forget
    Last edited by AlumniGreen; 12-12-2023 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Mixed up my cowboys

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Guess NDSU is D3 too now

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    If you are going to use that analogy at least preface it with NDSU is the Coke and cat state is the RC Cola version. Its like what you guys do just 3 steps below in scheme, talent and speed.

Thats why RC Cola is watching the playoffs from home and Coke is still playing
    Our defense gave up over 500 yards to RC Cola then blocked the XP after RC Cola scored on their first play in overtime. This years defense has been improving but compared to our championship teams they lack talent and speed. I’m all for hiring someone who recognizes this and can do something about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Montana St is playing what used to be Bison football? Isn't the shotgun read-option and QB heavy run game the reason there's so much "that ain't Bison football" consternation on this board? Because Montana St under Vigen has done just as much of that if not more than NDSU has (with the offense) under Roehl.
    Hard nosed smash mouth football. Let’s face it, two missed field goals cost them the game. Make either one and we are not playing any more this year. He has Mt State doing good things and with better resources like NDSU has I bet he could do way better. He just lost his starting O-line to the transfer portal so he might consider moving back.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Hard nosed smash mouth football. Let’s face it, two missed field goals cost them the game. Make either one and we are not playing any more this year. He has Mt State doing good things and with better resources like NDSU has I bet he could do way better. He just lost his starting O-line to the transfer portal so he might consider moving back.
    Roehl has a better feel for offensive play calling than Vigen does, and despite what many of us think, is willing to take more risks. He also has been setting plays up (that turned into chunk ones) of late. The long CP TD is an example. Rewatched with SDBison and Slick. We gave Yotes the same look presnap as we did for a couple of calls earlier, and then pulled 2 OLs to weak side and had them outmanned.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.