Page 21 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    That happened to have one of the best FCS players of all time having one of the greatest single seasons in the history of college football. Also, Klieman's recruits. We are seeing the results of Entz's recruiting now.
    Discounting the fact that he also was in his first year as head coach, having to keep recruits committed , and add staff to coach a team after Klieman left. He did that while having not one, but two coordinators who had never been a coordinator at the D1-FCS level. That wasn’t easy, and he won more games in season 1 than any head coach in the history of college football.

He has never NOT coached in the national championship game (not counting COVID season).

He’s 1 win away last year from essentially doing exactly what Klieman did in an era of college football that is undoubtedly more challenging for NDSU in terms of sustained dominance.

That happened to have one of the best FCS players of all time having one of the greatest single seasons in the history of college football. Also, Klieman's recruits. We are seeing the results of Entz's recruiting now.
    and with a win this Saturday those wretched recruits will make a National Championship appearance. Your point?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post
    While I do agree partially that we have moved away from the "old school Bison football" of pounding the rock off tackle all the time to a more air it out offense, I wonder how much of that change was as a result of Entz ordering it.

I have wanted Entz gone for over 1 year (I have not posted it here in Bisonville - my friends that I talk Bison football have been hearing it from me for a while). I think that TR will go back to an emphasis on bigger and stronger linemen (both o and d lines). I wanted Entz gone when he stated that he was changing the D-Line philosophy to more speed rushers (that were not as strong but were faster to the ball). When he stated to do that, we lost the domination of the line against teams, and it has shown every time that we have played SDSU.

I hope that TR or whomever is the next head coach returns to the bigger bodies on the lines - that is what made our offense and the running game dominate in the playoffs as also allowed us to stop the opponents from being able to run on us.
    Great post. 2023 was a tale of 2 teams. Entz got better, tackling, all around discipline, heck even zero sideline oenalties, of course better defense and non-predictible play calling! So TR might have just gotten a lot better and might be able to HC?

Say NDSU hires an outside hire for head coach and the Bison win to advance to the National Championship, how does the interplay between Matt Entz and the incoming coach work?

Where is the new coach's office until after the Bison win the National Championship?
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    Great post. 2023 was a tale of 2 teams. Entz got better, tackling, all around discipline, heck even zero sideline oenalties, of course better defense and non-predictible play calling! So TR might have just gotten a lot better and might be able to HC?
    This is kinda where I am at with Tyler. I gave him a lot of shit that think he deserved and I know some of you disagree like you’re fuckin related to him or something. But anyway… he has improved drastically in the second half of the season. It’s the least risky hire and he deserves a shot at HC.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I don't understand why people want to say oh, he was working with his predecessors recruits. What do you think Entz was doing as a coordinator? One of his main responsibilities was recruiting. There were more guys on the team he took over he was responsible for recruiting than the previous head coach. Who he didn't get to work with were petrino recruits.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    Say NDSU hires an outside hire for head coach and the Bison win to advance to the National Championship, how does the interplay between Matt Entz and the incoming coach work?

Where is the new coach's office until after the Bison win the National Championship?
    Not to worry about. If that scenario happens they will figure it out.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Exactly—good god—people worry and or are concerned about the dumbest things these days. Not like things like this haven’t happened before and or that professionals can’t deal with.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    No worries... There would be no need to take separate vans to Grand Forks because we have the practice facility now.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Roehl BiZon!!!!!
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.