Page 59 of 103 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    So NDSU was pissed that Logan was doing her job? They need to grow up…
    Larson just keeps giving people more reasons to want him gone.

This hire will be huge for his legacy.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

we are lucky to have the coverage WDAY provides. Logan is a great piece of that coverage. I hope she is doing ok and continues to do her job.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    we are lucky to have the coverage WDAY provides. Logan is a great piece of that coverage. I hope she is doing ok and continues to do her job.
    Agreed. I am guessing you want to keep it to yourself, but how far away from knowing who the next head coach will be do you think we are? I would assume you have some good information that you have to keep private and I respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    So NDSU was pissed that Logan was doing her job? They need to grow up…
    My thoughts exactly...she and Dom were very careful in their questions/responses to the situation as to not throw members of the athletic dept. under the bus. If my assumption was correct, Larsen needs to put on the big boy pants and grow some thicker skin...Jesus Christ. I mean, in today's world, did they truly think they could keep Entz's news swept under the rug forever?

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm expecting the news to break in the form of the pregame speech to the team.

/MovieScript
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    My interpretation was that Logan broke the news about Entz leaving before NDSU was ready for it to be released, so now they're pissed. Could it be that they didn't want to have a similar situation as when Bohl left, where the players found out on social media before hearing it from the Coach (at least that's how I thought that situation went down, anyway)?
    Campbell was doing her job. The athletic department needs to concentrate on doing their own job, not hers. In fact, I think she could have broken the story earlier, but she gave them a chance to get in front of it.

People do know why they call it the news, right? Too much of the "it's uncomfortable so don't cover it until we do a press release and/or destroy all the evidence" attitude in North Dakota (*he says, looking towards Bismarck*.)

Quote Originally Posted by 130Bison View Post
    My only question, is if she knew they were holding a team meeting at 3 to announce entz leaving, why did she feel the need to break the news before that..why not wait until 3:01 to break the news so she didn’t risk the team finding out from Twitter instead of straight from the horses mouth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because she's a reporter. Good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Because she's a reporter. Good for her.
    Just playing devils advocate. I get she’s doing her job..but would waiting 15 minutes really have killed her? I know you gotta do the dirty work sometimes, but probably also a good idea to stay somewhat on the good side of the people that are providing you with all your content

I listened to Logan as well; here is what I took out of it which will mirror others and a wrinkle:

1. She was pretty darn sure of what was happening on Friday, but waited until she had the story solid. Sounds like Dom knew, too (probably from Logan since he's her boss) and asked Entz directly and was basically lied to on Saturday. (BTW, if ever justifiable to lie, this may be it; not sure how the heck I'd handle that question if Entz since no comment adds fuel and you want to tell the team....)
    2. On Sunday, she had multiple sources to confirm; she vetted her story with other journalists, presumably at her shop. Once they all agree, she put it out there.
    3. She ruffled feathers at NDSU since before the team meeting. I also had the impression Larson was not happy.
    4. Beyond Lakes, there must have also been others insinuating sexist claims on how she got the story. Its also a good reminder that media folks look here and see our social media posts at least sometimes. Could not help but wonder if maybe some national folks were mad at her scooping them. (loved how they ignored she crushed them on the scoop)
    5. It all kind of caught up with her on Monday, and she admitted to breaking down crying.

Logan is a young professional who just got the best scoop she ever had. She did it right and did her job well. I, for one, am supper proud of her even if she could care less what I think. Folks wonder why she didn't wait? Well, think about it.....a story like this is huge in her world, and now she gets credit for breaking it. This is how you get ahead. I love that Logan came to Fargo, but you know someone like her has be be looking at moving up in the industry; kind of surprised she is still here, but hope she stays.

Well done Logan!

BISONBRI53 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    How long do they think TR would be head coach, 15 years????

As long as ML is here. That's how long TR would be here.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]