Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103
Results 1,021 to 1,028 of 1028

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Hopefully Hunter Zenzen is that favor.
    Interesting thought is do former NDSU coaches give us any advantage in the transfer portal with kids dropping down? Probably not, kids that would be a good fit are probably playing or transferring up? Have we had any transfers in that may have been influenced by former coaches that I might be forgetting about?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Interesting thought is do former NDSU coaches give us any advantage in the transfer portal with kids dropping down? Probably not, kids that would be a good fit are probably playing or transferring up? Have we had any transfers in that may have been influenced by former coaches that I might be forgetting about?
    Interesting perspective...

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Kinda doubt it - I'd think that most guys who transfer out aren't going to look for (or get) help from the coaching staff of their outgoing school.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Kinda doubt it - I'd think that most guys who transfer out aren't going to look for (or get) help from the coaching staff of their outgoing school.
    Im assuming it depends on the situation. If a kid is buried on the depth chart and is looking to find a place they can play, I assume the coaches at the outgoing school would pick up the phone and say "hey, I got a kid that we think would work for you." I doubt the likes of Alabama or OSU is going to call Georgia or Ohio State...but they might reach out to an old friend or connection at a lower tier school.

If its something where a kid is leaving because he butts heads with the coaching staff or is a nightmare off the field, then I doubt anyone is doing them any favors.

Is ISU in good shape at QB for the next couple of seasons? With Ty and Pauly (now passing game OC), I wonder if there's a certain left handed kid that might be on their radar.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Im assuming it depends on the situation. If a kid is buried on the depth chart and is looking to find a place they can play, I assume the coaches at the outgoing school would pick up the phone and say "hey, I got a kid that we think would work for you." I doubt the likes of Alabama or OSU is going to call Georgia or Ohio State...but they might reach out to an old friend or connection at a lower tier school.

If its something where a kid is leaving because he butts heads with the coaching staff or is a nightmare off the field, then I doubt anyone is doing them any favors.

Is ISU in good shape at QB for the next couple of seasons? With Ty and Pauly (now passing game OC), I wonder if there's a certain left handed kid that might be on their radar.
    That definitely happens.

They already have a left handed qb Dekker; well, he was on the roster, got into a little gambling trouble, but, gee whizzz , let's give the kid a second chance. This country is all about second chances.........

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wouldn't worry about a QB going there. They are pretty set with Rocco Becht. Threw 3,120 yards, 23 TDs his freshman season in 2023.

https://cyclones.com/sports/football...co-becht/13031

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    I wouldn't worry about a QB going there. They are pretty set with Rocco Becht. Threw 3,120 yards, 23 TDs his freshman season in 2023.

https://cyclones.com/sports/football...co-becht/13031
    Until he transfers to Oregon next year lol
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes