Page 16 of 103 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Nope the inmates can't run the asylum as they say. While having the support of the players is a credit to Roehl, it's not the be all end all of a coaching search. ML has to do the dirty work of finding the best candidates and making the best decision for the program not just based on what the current group of players say today. ML may or may not come to the conclusion that Roehl is that guy but it can't just be because he was here already and the players asked for him.
    Here's the thing though - if Larsen doesn't think Roehl is the guy and that there's a better option he needs to be as close to 100% sure as possible. Because hiring someone from the outside probably means Roehl is gone along with a good chunk of other coaches which means they're likely losing some verbal commits and are most definitely going to take significant losses via transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Here's the thing though - if Larsen doesn't think Roehl is the guy and that there's a better option he needs to be as close to 100% sure as possible. Because hiring someone from the outside probably means Roehl is gone along with a good chunk of other coaches which means they're likely losing some verbal commits and are most definitely going to take significant losses via transfer.
    Hiring from the outside would have to be Polasek(or Cain) otherwise ML would seriously be risking his job bringing in a non Bison that might not win 5 natties in a row.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If you are Matt Larsen, you can't hire someone in fear of losing players/recruits. You have to make the best hire for the future of the NDSU football PROGRAM... That is bigger than one player or coach. If you are worried about an outside hire leading to a "mass exodus" of players next Monday, I would counter that by saying: "can you imagine the type of players that (Polasek/Cain) could bring IN to NDSU through the portal." Remember, the portal can actually work both ways. This is a foreign concept to most Bison fans because it has rarely happened here.

I'm not saying that Roehl isn't the man for the job, just that current & former player's tweets shouldn't be what determines the direction of the NDSU football program. It's Matt Larsen's decision to make and it will be an important one for the future direction of NDSU athletics.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I really doubt players would do that.
    I think they made their decision and told the players which would mean that Roehl is the guy.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    I think they made their decision and told the players which would mean that Roehl is the guy.
    That was my read on this as well.

If I were a gambling man, I'd put the odds of Roehl as the next HC at -700.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

100 percent behind Roehl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’m fine with Roehl now bring in Cain as a DC! Lol

Yes I know we have one and don’t have an OC if this happens. I just want Jamar back at NDSU.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I really doubt players would do that.
    This is almost as good as a live lakes post. I'll take it to the bank eh.

Roehl Herd.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    KS nails it…

Also, I get that you want to overindex on my 1 statement in my post that called out Roehl for the USD loss (no good points to the contrary that I’ve seen so far, fwiw), but then completely ignore the rest of my post where I gave him a ton of credit for the improvement throughout the season.

I support Roehl as HC based on a lot of good points here. Let’s Roehl!
    I'm all on board with Roehl too. Young coaches can make mistakes or have bad game plans, and you want to keep the ones that learn from them. NDSU's offense made USD's defense look completely helpless in the second game (and, really, for the second half of the first game too.)

Step 1: Hire Roehl
    Step 2: Free Lakes
    Step 3: ????
    Step 4: National. Championship.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes