Page 42 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if Polasek is the hire that Roehl's on a plane to Wyoming.......
    Swapping OC's with Wyoming would be an interesting turn of events.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    That would be the best thing for him and his resume.
    Absolutely but would it be the best thing for NDSU.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    That would be the best thing for him and his resume.
    It would be a great move for all parties.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    It would be a great move for all parties.
    your really gonna blow this thing up for tim freakin polosek? what a time to be alive!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    your really gonna blow this thing up for tim freakin polosek? what a time to be alive!
    Jimmy Rogers is about to win a national championship at SDSU according to every FCS media member and he played at SDSU and has only coached at SDSU. That national championship will be better on his resume than being a defensive coordinator at Wyoming.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    ^^^ I'm at this point. ^^^ He almost got ran out of town last time he was here. I'd take my chances with TR over him any day of the week.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    Jimmy Rogers is about to win a national championship at SDSU according to every FCS media member and he played at SDSU and has only coached at SDSU. That national championship will be better on his resume than being a defensive coordinator at Wyoming.
    You forgot the mic drop....BOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    That is way better than what I got for Chat GPT
    Here's what I got:

When considering candidates to replace Matt Entz as NDSU's head football coach, several potential candidates stand out, each with their own pros and cons:

1. **Bobby Hauck (University of Montana)**
    - **Pros**: Proven success in the Big Sky Conference, experienced in building winning programs.
    - **Cons**: May lack specific experience or connection to the NDSU program and its unique culture.

2. **Jimmy Rogers (South Dakota State University)**
    - **Pros**: Deep understanding of the Missouri Valley Football Conference, successful in his current role.
    - **Cons**: Limited head coaching experience, mostly within the same conference as NDSU.

3. **Bob Nielson (University of South Dakota)**
    - **Pros**: Demonstrated ability to turn around a program, relevant conference experience.
    - **Cons**: Might face challenges adapting to NDSU's established system and expectations.

4. **Willie Simmons (Florida A&M University)**
    - **Pros**: Strong track record in program building and FCS landscape understanding.
    - **Cons**: Lacks direct experience with NDSU's specific culture and regional recruiting nuances.

5. **Tyler Roehl (NDSU)**
    - **Pros**: Strong ties to NDSU as an alumnus and coach, deep understanding of the program's culture.
    - **Cons**: Less experience compared to other candidates, particularly in head coaching roles.

6. **Jamar Cain (Denver Broncos)**
    - **Pros**: Varied coaching experience, including success at NDSU and in diverse environments.
    - **Cons**: Currently in the NFL, which might impact his willingness to return to college football; higher price tag.

Each candidate offers a unique set of skills and experiences. The ideal choice will depend on NDSU's prioritization of factors such as familiarity with the program, head coaching experience, recruiting acumen, and ability to handle the evolving landscape of college football, including the transfer portal and NIL dynamics.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Priceless.

However. I worked long enough and was far enough out on the cutting edge of remote work that I worked closely with people who were not in the same hemisphere as me. Daily. I had plenty of solid connections with people who worked for vendors or partners that I was able to leverage. I did not need to see someone in the flesh with any regularity at all to develop a deep bond. And I’m a freaking introvert!!!
    ++++++++++

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    ++++++++++

Anyone that thinks TR would leave if he doesn't get the job makes me laugh. 1) because if he bleeds green and gold and is Bison to the core but would cry and take his ball home seems more than a little juxtaposed 2) Where would he go? His options most likely would be OC at another FCS program(step down) or maybe a lower position coach at a G5.

If TR doesn't get the job and going off what everyone thinks of him(me included) as a Fargo/Bison/Team guy "for life" I would expect him to realize he has some experience to gain and for the near future his best bet is to stay on as OC. Then in the next few years someone will reach out to hire him away, imo.

I just don't see him as someone that would run away pouting.
    Well Larsen kind of leaves Roehl no choice if he interviews him for the head job and then hires someone else. Because he's basically saying you can't get any higher as long as you're here. I've seen a few comments that Roehl and Polasek are basically the same coach but Polasek has more experience. Well, Polasek left NDSU twice now to pursue better jobs so it's not outrageous to think Roehl would do the same.

I think best case scenario if the external hire is made is that Roehl agrees to stay on at least for one more year but I'd assume he'd be shopping himself hard looking for another opportunity because he's essentially been told he can't be the head coach at NDSU unless he gets experience elsewhere first so, unless being the OC at NDSU satisfies him, he'll need to find somewhere else to help him move up that ladder.