Page 15 of 103 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well let’s fuckin go then. Name him publicly and let’s go full steam ahead and kick ass on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Does this mean Roehl will be named or maybe the players got news of something else?
    This was my worry....worried something going down and players are doing this to push back.

This feels like putting a poll up on twitter for everyone to vote on and then hiring based on that, LOL.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    This was my worry....worried something going down and players are doing this to push back.
    I really doubt players would do that.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The offense scored on every single possession in the second half though. You might think they should have gone hurry up, but with NDSU, that's more often a way to lose quicker.

Why are people so freaking fixated on the first USD game anyway? Did people forget about the UND game?

USD, Drake, and Montana State fans aren't going to bed thinking what a shit OC Roehl is, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Probably because USD 1 was such a winnable game. Based on Saturdays result, it's an even bigger head-scratcher. Just a weird game where 1 play on offense, defense or special teams could have changed the outcome, and we couldn't get it done.
    KS nails it…

Also, I get that you want to overindex on my 1 statement in my post that called out Roehl for the USD loss (no good points to the contrary that I’ve seen so far, fwiw), but then completely ignore the rest of my post where I gave him a ton of credit for the improvement throughout the season.

I support Roehl as HC based on a lot of good points here. Let’s Roehl!
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Wondering if the player support changes the tune of any of those against hiring Roehl…

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well let’s fuckin go then. Name him publicly and let’s go full steam ahead and kick ass on Saturday.
    Feels like this is the only choice now, players have decided what they want.
    If this doesn't get announced shortly it could cause issues.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    KS nails it…

Also, I get that you want to overindex on my 1 statement in my post that called out Roehl for the USD loss (no good points to the contrary that I’ve seen so far, fwiw), but then completely ignore the rest of my post where I gave him a ton of credit for the improvement throughout the season.

I support Roehl as HC based on a lot of good points here. Let’s Roehl!
    The over indexing was caused by that being quite a strong statement and that it was sitting right at the beginning all by itself all naked and shit.

But, welcome aboard the train. Let’s Roehl Herd!!!!!
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategery View Post
    Wondering if the player support changes the tune of any of those against hiring Roehl…
    Nope the inmates can't run the asylum as they say. While having the support of the players is a credit to Roehl, it's not the be all end all of a coaching search. ML has to do the dirty work of finding the best candidates and making the best decision for the program not just based on what the current group of players say today. ML may or may not come to the conclusion that Roehl is that guy but it can't just be because he was here already and the players asked for him.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Nope the inmates can't run the asylum as they say. While having the support of the players is a credit to Roehl, it's not the be all end all of a coaching search. ML has to do the dirty work of finding the best candidates and making the best decision for the program not just based on what the current group of players say today. ML may or may not come to the conclusion that Roehl is that guy but it can't just be because he was here already and the players asked for him.
    Yeah I get that. It’s ML’s job to do. But dang, Bacon’s comment…

Also I wonder if an AD would ever get feedback from team captains in a situation like this to get the pulse of the team. Again, not bowing to their wishes but “what do you anticipate the team reaction will be if…”