Page 12 of 103 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Giving up 18+ certainly doesn't help.

NDSU since the start of the 1965 season:

433-29 when holding opponents to 18 or under.
    131-112-1 when giving up more than 18

With Roehl at OC, NDSU is 44-0 when the team holds the opponent to 18 or under, 16-10 when not. In DI, NDSU is 168-8 and 57-37-1.

NDSU is top 3 nationally in 3rd down conversions, completion percentage, first downs, fewest interceptions, red zone offense, passing efficiency, turnover margin, and scoring offense. NDSU is also #4 in rushing yardage, #5 in time of possession, #7 in total offense. The only stat that NDSU isn't near the top in is passing offense (#67.)

But defense wins games and championships.
    Huh, thanks. It's nice to know my basic senses are not totally out in the weeds.

Am I catching a whiff of a private MySQL db somewhere here?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

How do we rank in qb run?

I like the guy.

I also like to make fun of the guy and his west Fargo accent eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Our options aren't great right now. For continuity, it's probably the route we'll take. Roehl will have his work cut out getting good coaches due to his limited experience in other programs.
    I don't think we'll lose much if any staff. Entz is leaving for a position coaching position, not a head job. He can't take anybody with him.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Well, our offense has proven we can outscore teams by using a more vertical passing game. We just didn't unleash the beast until after taking a couple losses.

Also, it's the coaches jobs to make adjustments. Roehl and Entz didn't make the required offensive adjustments in that game.

I'm not saying Roehl cost us that game, but he certainly didn't help bailing out the defense from their poor 1st half.
    Regarding our coaches making adjustments. Last half of the season seems to be better than the first. I don't know why that is. If its the coaches learning as they go or players learning/getting better as the season progresses. I have wondered if our team just hasn't been as ready in week one these past couple of years as they have been in week one in the past. Is this an Entz thing, has he not pushed as hard in the off season and over summer to be up and running by week one?

Quote Originally Posted by PlrbrBison View Post
    Regarding our coaches making adjustments. Last half of the season seems to be better than the first. I don't know why that is. If its the coaches learning as they go or players learning/getting better as the season progresses. I have wondered if our team just hasn't been as ready in week one these past couple of years as they have been in week one in the past. Is this an Entz thing, has he not pushed as hard in the off season and over summer to be up and running by week one?
    And I really disliked a lot of early season play calling and think Roehl has either improved or been given the reins to run the offense how he wants to. I'm on board that the D has been our real struggle, but I'm also appreciating how they have improved in the playoffs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Seriously? Good grief....
    Yeah seriously. A lot of good points people are making here. We had an opportunity to win that game and the Offense didn’t make the necessary adjustments to do so. Squarely on Tyler, IMO…

Also, this point was made in another thread I think, but we have gotten into a lot of 3rd and long situations and we convert a lot of them… hence the stats tony brought up. I don’t think it’s sustainable, especially against a good D like SDSU, or even Montana… I think we’ll find out, though…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Yeah seriously. A lot of good points people are making here. We had an opportunity to win that game and the Offense didn’t make the necessary adjustments to do so. Squarely on Tyler, IMO…

Also, this point was made in another thread I think, but we have gotten into a lot of 3rd and long situations and we convert a lot of them… hence the stats tony brought up. I don’t think it’s sustainable, especially against a good D like SDSU, or even Montana… I think we’ll find out, though…
    Wonder if we name our HC before or after the Griz game.

Feel like if they really want TR the answer should come soon.

I'd be open to looking at other coaches from our tree also.
    ML made it sound like there were a ton of other coaches that are interested. Wonder who gets an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Wonder if we name our HC before or after the Griz game.

Feel like if they really want TR the answer should come soon.

I'd be open to looking at other coaches from our tree also.
    ML made it sound like there were a ton of other coaches that are interested. Wonder who gets an interview.
    Seems like tomorrow or Thur would make sense if they hire Roehl. Get the distraction/news/help recruiting out of the way asap. If they want to interview a few people, wait until next week to announce.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Seems like tomorrow or Thur would make sense if they hire Roehl. Get the distraction/news/help recruiting out of the way asap. If they want to interview a few people, wait until next week to announce.
    Need someone in place by Mon or Tues at the latest with signing day next Wed.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Wonder if he might be an upgrade from entz on that side of things.
    A monkey with a stopwatch would be an upgrade over Entz on that side of things.