Page 91 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    How did they do when it mattered in the 4 losses vs UND, SDSU, Montana and the homecoming USD loss? We used to laugh at Sam Houston for their gaudy stats

But it's easy to pad stats with 4 extra playoff games (including 3 OTs with short fields) and pad stat games vs Drake, Murray State and Western. 15 games you better score 69 TDs
    Sam Houston always had a soft defense, like some of the "big fluffy" teams traditionally had. They also put up their gaudy stats playing teams with weak defenses in the southland.

Our defense seemed a bit subpar to me this year as well, though improved quite a bit during the playoffs. I think if the Griz played us in Fargo, we win that game. But they earned the seed this year, and we didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    I think if the Griz played us in Fargo, we win that game.
    5ua5o7.jpg

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Sam Houston always had a soft defense, like some of the "big fluffy" teams traditionally had. They also put up their gaudy stats playing teams with weak defenses in the southland.

Our defense seemed a bit subpar to me this year as well, though improved quite a bit during the playoffs. I think if the Griz played us in Fargo, we win that game. But they earned the seed this year, and we didn't.
    I think if we played the em again in Washington Grizzly Stadium we win that game.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm going to throw out there that I think Roehl should leave, for the good of everyone's future. Hear me out.
    All HCs are temporary. Average tenure is 4 years and 2/3rds are gone after 5. Polasek has never been a HC, so either he's good at it and gets poached, or is bad and gets fired.
    Roehl's lack of experience and networking outside NDSU was a major negative to his application. He should take a HC gig at a lower level FCS or even a good D2. Then when Polasek leaves TR is ready to slot in. CAA Campbell just opened up.
    Since Polasek already knows Bison offense we should be ok there.
    Roehl is still young enough that if he proves himself as HC he could potentially be one of those 10+ year dynasty coaches. I just don't think he's quite ready yet.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I'm going to throw out there that I think Roehl should leave, for the good of everyone's future. Hear me out.
    All HCs are temporary. Average tenure is 4 years and 2/3rds are gone after 5. Polasek has never been a HC, so either he's good at it and gets poached, or is bad and gets fired.
    Roehl's lack of experience and networking outside NDSU was a major negative to his application. He should take a HC gig at a lower level FCS or even a good D2. Then when Polasek leaves TR is ready to slot in. CAA Campbell just opened up.
    Roehl is still young enough that if he proves himself as HC he could potentially be one of those 10+ year dynasty coaches. I just don't think he's quite ready yet.
    It seems like that is precisely what Polasek is doing in this job. Has probably been told that while his CV is quite good he needs HC experience prior to getting an G5 or higher HC position. Just a guess. Given this change here your recommendation for TR is probably quite sound.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    How did they do when it mattered in the 4 losses vs UND, SDSU, Montana and the homecoming USD loss? We used to laugh at Sam Houston for their gaudy stats

But it's easy to pad stats with 4 extra playoff games (including 3 OTs with short fields) and pad stat games vs Drake, Murray State and Western. 15 games you better score 69 TDs
    there elite numbers gabe how many coaches under 40 in the USA right now putting up anything close?

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Could Roehl get OC job at Wyoming?

Quote Originally Posted by PlrbrBison View Post
    Could Roehl get OC job at Wyoming?
    they called me to see if i had any interest so i'm guessing he's in the running* too.

*qb run to be exact
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    they called me to see if i had any interest so i'm guessing he's in the running* too.

*qb run to be exact
    If you take the OC position, I expect you to keep up your work on Bisonville too....you should be able to do that remotely.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Something to potentially watch here -

https://x.com/petethamel/status/1740...sVheWFV40S7MeQ

Sources: Northwestern offensive coordinator Mike Bajakian, special teams coach Jeff Genyk and strength coach Jay Hooten will not return next season.