Page 92 of 103 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

So he can network better at a lower FCS or D2 school? I don't get why he can't network being an OC at NDSU, it's not like they locked him in a room. I think he is ready enough, they thought Polasek was a better candidate. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. BTW, if Tyler leaves NDSU there is a very good chance he isn't coming back. I can't think of many coaches who have, except Polasek who is on his third tour at NDSU.

It's been darn quite from the new sheriff I know that. Not much about anything is kind of a surprise to me, haven't heard boo.

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    It's been darn quite from the new sheriff I know that. Not much about anything is kind of a surprise to me, haven't heard boo.
    With early signing and getting coaching pieces in place, probably not a whole lot of time for much else.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Every day we aren’t losing players coaches or recruits is a good day for me. Not that I know anything but I’d be fine with them taking their time and waiting until after the portal closes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Polasek hasn't completed his coaching staff and he hasn't signed or offered any transfer portal players.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    With early signing and getting coaching pieces in place, probably not a whole lot of time for much else.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

Technically it's a recruiting dead period right now but I'm not quite sure how that works with transfers like Derritt and Hummel (OG transfer from Villanova that the Bison have offered) picking up offers recently.

https://www.ncsasports.org/ncaa-elig...iting-calendar

As far as Polasek's staff goes according to what has been reported the only coach not being retained is Petrino (and I've also seen rumors that Tucker Mayer isn't coming back but he's the OLB coach and not sure he's part of the on-field assistant coaching staff) so, if that's true, all Polasek has to do is find a safeties coach which he doesn't need to be in a tremendous hurry to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Something to potentially watch here -

https://x.com/petethamel/status/1740...sVheWFV40S7MeQ

Their starting QB is out of eligibility..

Quote Originally Posted by T-herd View Post
    Their starting QB is out of eligibility..
    You just when we're all thinking we're in the clear, you had to drop that bomb.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Hmmmm.... so we just brought back a strength coach. And they need a QB. And we have a frustrated OC with 2 QBs. I'm sure all of this is a jump but bet something on all this is connected.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think going from an FCS OC to a B1G OC with no other real experience is a pretty big jump. I could (and probably will) be wrong, but I think TR would need a bit more experience to make that jump. I hope he stays, I'd like to see if ME had his hands in the direction of the play calling. I think going back to more of a power running game featuring more of our RBs would be a good thing. Also, to sound like a broken record, I really think using real game reps in the OOC and games that are out of hand would go a long way in prepping the team for situations later in the year (i.e. 2-minute offense and QB/WR connections).

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk