Page 68 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Good lord keep that out of here!!!!!
    I know it's been hashed over a million times. Just thinking aloud.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TNbison View Post
    Might not be the right thread but I think it is applicable to what is going on right now. What kind of financial commitment do you all think would be needed to push the FBS move? I understand there is more to it than money. I'm thinking a gofundme type of grass roots push for it. A commitment of x amount of dollars per donor per month. 20,000 people making a small monthly commitment over the next 5-10 years could be doable with the right excitement and group commitment. 25 dollars a month would be a half million dollars a month. #1 bison fans page has 22,000 members.
    I haven't seen you in the main FBS thread so I'll assume this is an honest question and respect that with an honest answer.

Money isn't keeping us out of FBS.

That's the nutshell. Getting to G5 level funding isn't trivial but doable. That Green and Gold Collective banner at the top of the page is exactly what you're suggesting. They seem to be off to a great start. The real problem is geography. If NDSU was in the footprint of a G5 conference we'd have jumped long ago.

The longer the decision goes on about the naming a new coach the less sure I am that it will be Roehl.

If you watch the postgame show from wday, Mcfooly mentions that some of the talk in the parking lot was that entz was leaving.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    The longer the decision goes on about the naming a new coach the less sure I am that it will be Roehl.
    Same here, unless some of the other candidates like Polasek want too much money.

Could still announce TR on Sunday, just don't see delaying that announcement as helpful.

Matt Larson was just waiting for Brandon Staley to get canned so he can hire him.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hope I'm not being too optimistic about this but maybe just maybe... ML has already made his choice, explicitly told the team while holding a set of nunchucks in his hand said "do not in any way let this get out of the locker room till after I announce it after the Missoula trip or else you will feel my wrath". Then does a 5 minute Bruce Lee sequence.

After all, I haven't heard or seen anything from any players regarding the HC position at all on social media in the last 3 days. Seemed odd that there were all kinds of posts from former and current players to nothing within 12 hrs.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4Life View Post
    If you watch the postgame show from wday, Mcfooly mentions that some of the talk in the parking lot was that entz was leaving.
    I’m so glad Logan got the scoop on this and not that guy.

IMO ML and ME should have told the players as soon as the decision is made and especially immediately after a reporter asks you about it. That's on them for letting it get out. How dumb do you have to be to think something like that isn't getting out? ML is proving to be more of a dumbass then I even thought he was already!

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I hope I'm not being too optimistic about this but maybe just maybe... ML has already made his choice, explicitly told the team while holding a set of nunchucks in his hand said "do not in any way let this get out of the locker room till after I announce it after the Missoula trip or else you will feel my wrath". Then does a 5 minute Bruce Lee sequence.

After all, I haven't heard or seen anything from any players regarding the HC position at all on social media in the last 3 days. Seemed odd that there were all kinds of posts from former and current players to nothing within 12 hrs.
    That's some serious voodoo if ML can silence the whole locker room and former players too.