Thread: 3pts whats your take on how it has affected wrestling and should it stay.

Lightbulb 3pts whats your take on how it has affected wrestling and should it stay.

Wondering how the average fan and the hardcore fans feel about that 3 takedown change. Do you see a difference. Has it affected the type of recruits one goes after. Should it stay and what other rules should we get rid of, introduce or not change in the future. What are the facts and opinions on the matter?

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 3pts whats your take on how it has affected wrestling and should it stay.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBison4U View Post
    Wondering how the average fan and the hardcore fans feel about that 3 takedown change. Do you see a difference. Has it affected the type of recruits one goes after. Should it stay and what other rules should we get rid of, introduce or not change in the future. What are the facts and opinions on the matter?
    I think it’s ok. I would have rather seen them take away the riding time point, give a point for a push-out (like freestyle), and try to figure out a more objective way to call stalling, especially for the guy on top. There’s too many times when a guy is riding just to ride, and not trying a pinning combination.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 3pts whats your take on how it has affected wrestling and should it stay.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBison4U View Post
    I didn’t think I would like it but have changed my view a bit watching it in action. It seems guys later in the match when they’re down by 4,5,6 are wrestling harder as they know they can come back quicker. It does make it easier to obtain bonus points for the better wrestlers. As for changing the way schools recruit I think the jury is still out. It looks like the BiZon are grabbing kids with Greco backgrounds which “should” make them more competitive on their feet. NIL and the transfer portal are changing the landscape for the mid tier schools big time. I think when kids come to a place like ndsu and have any kind of success early on they are going to dip their toes in the portal to see what they might be able to get from the bigger schools. IMO this is something that needs to be addressed for the long term good of all sports, not just wrestling.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.