Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At Iowa State

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default At Iowa State

Bison down 21 to 16 at the end of 1st quarter.

Default Re: At Iowa State

IS has a 6'3 post that must weigh 275 lbs and she moves well, along with whoever is guarding her.

Bison down 42 to 27 at halftime. Bison got to within 1 but lost momentum.

Bison down 65 to 44 after 3.

Bison lose 89 to 59.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We are not good. Thought we would have been much better this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    We are not good. Thought we would have been much better this year.

I disagree, we aren't great yet but we are getting better, we are just young and still learning. We've played a brutal schedule so far. Toledo beat Michigan, Drake beat Iowa St and only lost to Minnesota by 6, Harvard is a tournament team. Obviously Creighton, Minnesota and Iowa St are P6 teams so it's been a grind but I do think the team is getting better and is finally getting fully healthy. Marwa Bedziri has been out for 2 weeks and finally got a few minutes back against Iowa St and Shulte is still nursing that leg a bit. We beat the teams we were supposed to beat in Northern Colorado and Eastern Michigan, all of the losses were against tough opponents, yes it would have been nice to get a couple of wins in those games but I don't think we are too far away from being there. Just need more consistency and to take better care of the ball. The next 4 games should give us a much better idea of where we are at than the schedule has so far. Central Michigan and Montana St we need to win for sure, USD has looked good again so we need to be right there with them and Northern Arizona has been good this year so they'll be a good test as well before we go full swing into league play.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I disagree, we aren't great yet but we are getting better, we are just young and still learning. We've played a brutal schedule so far. Toledo beat Michigan, Drake beat Iowa St and only lost to Minnesota by 6, Harvard is a tournament team. Obviously Creighton, Minnesota and Iowa St are P6 teams so it's been a grind but I do think the team is getting better and is finally getting fully healthy. Marwa Bedziri has been out for 2 weeks and finally got a few minutes back against Iowa St and Shulte is still nursing that leg a bit. We beat the teams we were supposed to beat in Northern Colorado and Eastern Michigan, all of the losses were against tough opponents, yes it would have been nice to get a couple of wins in those games but I don't think we are too far away from being there. Just need more consistency and to take better care of the ball. The next 4 games should give us a much better idea of where we are at than the schedule has so far. Central Michigan and Montana St we need to win for sure, USD has looked good again so we need to be right there with them and Northern Arizona has been good this year so they'll be a good test as well before we go full swing into league play.
    Well. If we played some those teams close I would agree. But we got blown out by everyone of them.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Well. If we played some those teams close I would agree. But we got blown out by everyone of them.

We only lost to Harvard by 5 and probably should have beat them but made a few mistakes late and the game with Drake was close until the 4th and lost by 11. Toledo we were tied late in the 3rd quarter but then let them go on a 15-0 run into the 4th which cost us the game. Obviously we have some things to clean up to close out those games and get those wins but I don't think we are as far away as the record would make it seem.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    We only lost to Harvard by 5 and probably should have beat them but made a few mistakes late and the game with Drake was close until the 4th and lost by 11. Toledo we were tied late in the 3rd quarter but then let them go on a 15-0 run into the 4th which cost us the game. Obviously we have some things to clean up to close out those games and get those wins but I don't think we are as far away as the record would make it seem.
    I would agree, Plenty of new faces on this team to gel and get this thing rocking. Really a fun to team to watch play.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.