Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Roehl Vigen Bohl or Polasak? ? whats your pick

Default Re: Roehl Vigen Bohl or Polasak? ? whats your pick

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Despite what people say, he has been a great coordinator and play caller.
    What games have you been watching?

We want to keep continuity and systems in place but do a national search. Only take a coach who will keep the systems and terminology in place

Someone like Caruso could be a good outside hire. Tim Polasek would be a good outside hire too
    but promoting internally I like...

Tyler Roehl. He knows what Bison football is, even though he drives me nuts with some play calling at times. So did Brent Vigen

Randy Hedberg is awesome and on paper is the most qualified but I would be suprised if he wants the chaos at his age. He's perfect coaching QBs. Dan Larson would be my next OC and I would hire an O-line coach.

Hiring only a defensive minded head coach is assinine. Why would we eliminate half the candidates? I think of Bison football as physical offenses that wear you down

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    What games have you been watching?
    Play calling has been frustrating at times but you can't knock the results. 39 points per game, 445 yards per game, 240 rush yards per game (at 5.9 yards per carry), 7.1 yards per play, 52% 3rd down conversion, leading the FCS in passing efficiency, and on and on. This offense is right up there with the most potent offenses the Bison have had since the run started. Roehl has earned consideration to be the next HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Play calling has been frustrating at times but you can't knock the results. 39 points per game, 445 yards per game, 240 rush yards per game (at 5.9 yards per carry), 7.1 yards per play, 52% 3rd down conversion, leading the FCS in passing efficiency, and on and on. This offense is right up there with the most potent offenses the Bison have had since the run started. Roehl has earned consideration to be the next HC.
    The good news is the head coach doesnt call the plays

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    I would really like to see a national search just once. I do not see TR a head coach.

A national search would mean Matt L would have to do something, so I do not see it happening
    Path of least resistance will AAAAALWAYS be the route ML will take. Why waste energy doing something ambitious when you can simply coast off the decisions of your predecessors? Why have thoughts of your own when your paycheck is the same whether you have ideas or not? Why try hard when your money is guaranteed?

To be fair, many times, the path of least resistance is, in fact, the right choice. But he has literally never once not taken that path since being here. Just implement the ideas of the previous AD, don’t make any choices that involve making phone calls, or anything that involves you lifting a finger after 5PM, or anything that would interrupt his solitaire game. Turns out, at NDSU, that gives you unlimited respect, lip trembling reverence, and loyalty from 75% of the peeps on bisonville.

With that being said…. I think Roehl is probably the right choice lololol

This right here!!! People can bitch and moan but facts don’t lie. I mean, his an OC that has gotten us to Frisco 3 times and won 2 national championships.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Not sure why Vigen would want to come here? I could see it if he was not a head coach already, but not now. He’s on a rising power right now. Only chance is if he really misses home and has been dreaming about being THE guy at NDSU.
    The HC at NDSU is almost guaranteed to get a better job. Results matter.

yep. all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    There is no rule against it.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Plenty call plays, but if the HC is Roehl Id assume he'd have an experienced OC.