Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Entz Gone per Inforum

Default Re: Entz Gone per Inforum

Whoever Cole W and Cole P and Logan Kopp want for HC. Should be HC

it keeps those 3 here
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Roehl is the hire....don't overthink it. Current players love him, gives us a chance at continuity and holding on to them as well as incoming recruits.

Don't get the hate towards Petrino, he's only been here a year and our defense is playing much better right now compared to the start/middle of the year. The defense was taking on water long before he got here (See: last year's semifinal and natty). Certainly needs to continue to improve and get back to where we were.
    if Roehl is the hire, Petrino will obviously stay.

I'm not sure what people think we get with Vigen over Roehl. It's the same offensive strategy. Roehl has proven he can recruit and he's got a lot of "it" factors including his age, history with the program and he "sells" the values/traditions extremely well. Vigen's great but it seems like moving a lot of shit around to get basically the same set up.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

I'm having a hard time understanding why some people are so down on the offense and OC. You can make an argument we have the best and most versatile offense in the country in FCS. I have been frustrated with the amount of shotgun runs and move away from under center, but it's hard to argue with the results.

The problems have mostly been on defense. If our defense could have got off the field more quickly earlier in the year and saved field position, we would have been even better. In the early years of the run it felt that at times the defense was ahead of the offense. It's definitely been the other way around this year.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Yep, I'm all in. Let's Roehl!!

Edit: oh and congrats to HCME and thank you for ten great years. Best of luck in all of your future endeavors. I will be a fan.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I'm having a hard time understanding why some people are so down on the offense and OC. You can make an argument we have the best and most versatile offense in the country in FCS. I have been frustrated with the amount of shotgun runs and move away from under center, but it's hard to argue with the results.

The problems have mostly been on defense. If our defense could have got off the field more quickly earlier in the year and saved field position, we would have been even better. In the early years of the run it felt that at times the defense was ahead of the offense. It's definitely been the other way around this year.
    I am amazed at the amount of 3rd and longs we have converted...kind of feel like our passing offense is a bit EWU-like in that regard. So props to Roehl on that. But, getting into all those 3rd and longs...there were some bad calls to get us there.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I watched this. Thank you. A few things stuck out, one just hearing from a USC fan perspective and how thrilled he was to "snag" Entz. I wonder if USC approached Entz or if it was the other way around. Also, a comment he made to the effect of "I wouldn't be surprised if USC took some of the NDSU transfer players." Something like that.

I cannot imagine the pressure on Entz to help turn the USC program around. But that is why people go into coaching I guess. They are used to pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I am amazed at the amount of 3rd and longs we have converted...kind of feel like our passing offense is a bit EWU-like in that regard. So props to Roehl on that. But, getting into all those 3rd and longs...there were some bad calls to get us there.
    I've stopped holding my breath on 3rd and long. But yeah, shouldn't be there.
    Don't believe everything you think.

[QUOTE=Professor Chaos;1646603]The notion that Roehl has been a bad OC is really shortsighted. This year's Bison offense has been asked to do more, in terms of carrying the team, than any Bison offense since this run began and, for the most part, they've done pretty well with it. The offenses of the Vigen era, outside of 2013, would've struggled miserably if they were tasked with the same.

The more I think about it the more I think Roehl should be the choice. There's no one else on the current staff that's remotely close in terms of a head coaching candidate and an outside hire risks blowing everything up with the early signing day looming and the NIL sharks from other schools swirling around the current players. It's risky no doubt but, if you're right, you've got a young coach who will likely be around for auost important skill is the ability to identify and hire quality assistants.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Fair point on getting to all the 3rd and longs.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!