Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Entz Gone per Inforum

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Entz Gone per Inforum

LOVED the comment by Entz when asked if the players were suspicious Entz would be moving on. "They probably knew something was up because of the extra long hugs by Mrs. Entz after the game." How sweet. Old-school to refer to her as "Mrs. Entz" by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Ha ha! No scotch involved although there was a nice ribeye and a part of a sixteen year old bottle of Brunello di Montalcino in there somewhere.

But the trigger was the presser, which you can find here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol7wOObmkLU

Edit: check out those comments on that video.
    Listened to it yesterday live and was impressed he didn't just make a statement to start the presser and then say "not taking any questions on USC or me leaving for USC - only on NDSU and our games last week and this week". He faced the music and took everything they threw at him and seemed to be pretty darn honest. A lot of interesting nuggets in there like:

1) He's had other opportunities to leave before this (I'd assume other than going to K-State with Klieman in 2017) and stayed
    2) He was told he needed more FBS experience (and more experience with handling NIL) when being evaluated for other jobs
    3) He wants to be a head coach again someday at the FBS level
    4) He made a comment that he's "betting on himself" so I think he acknowledges this isn't the most conventional path in a career progression
    5) He also made a comment about NDSU "slowly adjusting" to transfer portal/NIL - guessing he's been a bit frustrated by the lack of an NIL collective backing his program until very recently

I'm with you - I think he's a better coach than a whole lot of Bison fans give him credit for. He took over in a spot where it was impossible to drive the program to further heights, he navigated through pandemic issues - which included a messed up spring season, playing 25 games and having 150+ practices in a single calendar year, and losing a generational talent at QB after only a year of play in the process - and navigated through the mass acceleration of transfer activity and the advent of FCOA and NIL. He was no Klieman but who is??? Probably going to be a while before the Bison catch another head coach of that caliber.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    1) He's had other opportunities to leave before this (I'd assume other than going to K-State with Klieman in 2017) and stayed
    2) He was told he needed more FBS experience (and more experience with handling NIL) when being evaluated for other jobs
    4) He made a comment that he's "betting on himself" so I think he acknowledges this isn't the most conventional path in a career progression
    Sounds to me like he was holding out for a FBS HC position, and finally said screw it, I need some FBS experience to land that job.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Sounds to me like he was holding out for a FBS HC position, and finally said screw it, I need some FBS experience to land that job.
    That does seem likely. Also, if you peruse those comments in the videos I have posted, the USC faithful seem to believe thet their DC will not be there for long and that ME will be a natural to ascend.

At first blush this seems like a head-scratcher but I think this could end up to be one of the top coaching moves of all of them. I mean, it's freaking USC!!
    Don't believe everything you think.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Listened to it yesterday live and was impressed he didn't just make a statement to start the presser and then say "not taking any questions on USC or me leaving for USC - only on NDSU and our games last week and this week". He faced the music and took everything they threw at him and seemed to be pretty darn honest. A lot of interesting nuggets in there like:

5) He also made a comment about NDSU "slowly adjusting" to transfer portal/NIL - guessing he's been a bit frustrated by the lack of an NIL collective backing his program until very recently

I'm with you - I think he's a better coach than a whole lot of Bison fans give him credit for. He took over in a spot where it was impossible to drive the program to further heights, he navigated through pandemic issues - which included a messed up spring season, playing 25 games and having 150+ practices in a single calendar year, and losing a generational talent at QB after only a year of play in the process - and navigated through the mass acceleration of transfer activity and the advent of FCOA and NIL. He was no Klieman but who is??? Probably going to be a while before the Bison catch another head coach of that caliber.
    I don't doubt that he's a good coach. I'm not sure if he's a good head coach... and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Obviously, it's natural to want to strive to be the best and head coach will always have that connotation, but a damn good living can be made being a good coordinator. To me it seems like he has that kind of passion and I think he will do well moving forward. I definitely appreciate his time here and all he has done for the program.

Best of luck coach Entz!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Here is another take from a B1G vlogger

https://youtu.be/IFTQ44LP8u0?t=508

... and another one from "The Number One College Football Show"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ovGXe_oaLc
    Don't believe everything you think.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This has to be photoshopped, right?
    Assume Entz isn't visiting USC until we're done with playoffs.

https://x.com/TrojanFBx/status/1734733460743614618?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    This has to be photoshopped, right?
    Assume Entz isn't visiting USC until we're done with playoffs.

https://x.com/TrojanFBx/status/1734733460743614618?s=20
    Yes. It’s done all the time. Even Bohl had a photoshopped photo of him in Wyoming gear way back when.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Update on Entz and USC defensive coaches.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/s...-lincoln-riley
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Update on Entz and USC defensive coaches.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/s...-lincoln-riley
    Sounds like even at that level they are getting back to emphasizing fundamentals. Great approach.