Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Entz Gone per Inforum

Default Re: Entz Gone per Inforum

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Ef it.... Let's Roehl!

Guy lead his team as a player through the FCS transition.

Let's have him hopefully lead his teams as a coach through an FBS transition.

The success the team had transitioning to the FCS had his leadership as a player to thank in some regard no? Speaks well to his leadership capabilities I would think.
    Actually, the teams he was the leader on were not great. His coming out party in 07 was with Steve Walker at the helm, that was his team.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I am amazed at the amount of 3rd and longs we have converted...kind of feel like our passing offense is a bit EWU-like in that regard. So props to Roehl on that. But, getting into all those 3rd and longs...there were some bad calls to get us there.
    Exactly. 1st and 2nd down runs into a wall. Great individual efforts by Cam + WR on 3rd and 19.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Can’t understand why so many have suggested hiring an old coach as a mentor if Roehl is hired. If you feel he needs a mentor on staff to help him, then he isn’t ready to be the head coach. Also what does it say the new coach that you hire someone to “watch” over him? Either he’s the best candidate or he isn’t.

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We need someone with this kind of "can-do" attitude on his resume.

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    Can’t understand why so many have suggested hiring an old coach as a mentor if Roehl is hired. If you feel he needs a mentor on staff to help him, then he isn’t ready to be the head coach. Also what does it say the new coach that you hire someone to “watch” over him? Either he’s the best candidate or he isn’t.
    That’s definitely a good point. You are either ready or you are not.
    "Our plan of operation is to advance and keep on advancing. We're going to go through the enemy like shit through a tinhorn." - Patton

I think 2021 was actually a very good coaching job by Entz. I was thinking about it earlier today and it was pretty impressive. The only loss was sdsu which I thought if quincy was healthy, he could have beat them. Otherwise, Cam still almost made the comeback that day.

Watson was out for all the playoffs except for frisco and part of the regular season. There were so many injuries that year. Luepke was back and forth all season. The portal and covid were brutal going into the season. Of course, the program lost the best fcs player on the planet. Cleared out the running back room.

That might have been the championship with the highest level of difficulty getting to frisco.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I haven't read through the entirety of this thread - but I find it odd Larsen hasn't released any sort of statement at this point.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I haven't read through the entirety of this thread - but I find it odd Larsen hasn't released any sort of statement at this point.
    I was wondering the same. Maybe he speaks at the press conference today at 2:00?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Give it time. It hasn’t even been 24 hours since the news broke, and Entz has yet to talk about it to the media, which he will do at 2:00 today. Besides, all Larsen would say is, “We are in the process at looking at candidates that will lead this program to the level we know is expected.”
    Last edited by Bison03; 12-11-2023 at 06:57 PM.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    This is super common on the coaching ranks. "Special assistant" or hiring former HCs as position coaches or coordinators is common for first time HCs.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    I was wondering the same. Maybe he speaks at the press conference today at 2:00?
    My guess is ML being ML he won't say a word. Then say that we are too needy when the choice has been made
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]