Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Entz Gone per Inforum

Default Re: Entz Gone per Inforum

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Not going for 2 really shits on the candidate I would want, Vigen . I will forever not understand that between their kicking, our defense, and the fact they didn’t have a healthy QB.

I want to be clear I’m not trying to shit on our guys, I just think there’s a lot of extra love for staying internal because of what happened 30 hours ago. That game almost didn’t even happen. I love our guys and want them to do well. They could be successful in those roles, who the hell am I to say. Just think we need to keep the whole picture in mind here.
    To play devils advocate that did score in one play. He was probably feeling good about their chances even with the above points in play.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Vigen is 100% NOT GETTING THIS JOB. FACTS

BUT YOULL SEE THIS WEDNESDAY
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    To play devils advocate that did score in one play. He was probably feeling good about their chances even with the above points in play.
    I was just thinking this. He knows he’ll be forced to go for 2 soon anyway… he probably thought he’d have a better chance beating us straight up in the 3rd OT…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    It is the right call. The odds say kick it. Conventional wisdom says kick it. Everything about the decision says kick it because, at home, you always put your team in a position where your decision doesn't knock you out of the game. Execution of a routine play sucked.

Of other stuff in the game other people are saying. It is hard to say if he makes 2 fgs earlier they win. That changes the way the Bison play too. Maybe they open it up more, connect on some deeper throws, and the score is different. These schools played this game very conservatively given outcomes on a play by play basis.

I was impressed the Bison were able to win ugly because that seemed to have disappeared for a while.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I hope he does well. It’s always interesting to see how our coaches do after leaving. Very cool
    "Our plan of operation is to advance and keep on advancing. We're going to go through the enemy like shit through a tinhorn." - Patton

The notion that Roehl has been a bad OC is really shortsighted. This year's Bison offense has been asked to do more, in terms of carrying the team, than any Bison offense since this run began and, for the most part, they've done pretty well with it. The offenses of the Vigen era, outside of 2013, would've struggled miserably if they were tasked with the same.

The more I think about it the more I think Roehl should be the choice. There's no one else on the current staff that's remotely close in terms of a head coaching candidate and an outside hire risks blowing everything up with the early signing day looming and the NIL sharks from other schools swirling around the current players. It's risky no doubt but, if you're right, you've got a young coach who will likely be around for a while before getting poached since the poachers will want to see him gain more experience and he's not the type of guy to bolt quickly being an alum who's reached the highest coaching spot he can get to at his alma mater.

A head coach's most important skill is the ability to identify and hire quality assistants. Bohl was a master at this, Klieman was very good, and Entz was "meh" at best. That's my biggest concern with Roehl as the potential HC.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Vigen for HC. Messingham OC. Bring in someone to fix defense. Titles return.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Vigen for HC. Messingham OC. Bring in someone to fix defense. Titles return.
    No thanks, those guys all chose to leave. Vigen isn't that great of a HC either and Mess has been fired from a lot of places.

Remember the circus when Bohl left? Remember the accusations and hard feelings?
    Are there still leftover resentments to bring one of the people involved in that back?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Remember the circus when Bohl left? Remember the accusations and hard feelings?
    Are there still leftover resentments to bring one of the people involved in that back?
    None of them are coming back. Some posters are delusional.